The lazy photographer from Toronto

Lazy Photographer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
lazyphotographer.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, my name is Dave. I'm looking forward to playing around on your forum and interacting with others. Although I've been taking photos for years now, it's only very recently that I've become somewhat, um, obsessed with the art. I've only got a lowly point & shoot for now, but am researching dSLRs for a future purchase (Nikon D5000 vs Canon T1i). I've been pretty active with my wee camera since being laid off a month ago.

My long-term plans are pretty simple:

1. win lottery
  2. buy Nikon D3 and assorted lenses
  3. travel and take photos
  4. Make large prints for fun and profit
Numbers 2, 3 & 4 are on hold while I "focus" on #1 of my plan. Of course, if anyone would like to donate a D3 to the cause, just drop me a line and I'll pass along my address and a million thank yous.

Welcome aboard!

...Sucks that you got laid off. How are the job prospects there?

I have to admit - your long term goals are very attractive...

(I would promote #1 to a short term goal though...highest priority.)

Last edited:
Welcome aboard!

...Sucks that you got laid off. How are the job prospects there?

I have to admit - your long term goals are very attractive...

(I would promote #1 to a short term goal though...highest priority.)

Thanks for the thoughtful advice. Goal #1 has just been upgraded to Short Term - Priority Setting: HIGH!

Ah yes, the job prospects. Ya know, as long as you're not actively "looking" for a job, it's really not so bad. Seriously, Canada has been hit hard too. Toronto in particular, as my city is controlled by lunatics. Down at Silly Hall, their plan is pretty simple: Identify those who are down, kick them in the nuts by way of higher taxes. All our public sector unionized workers are out on strike at the moment. The city's starting to smell. So far no one's jumping out the windows of our office towers yet, but stay tuned.

I'm not too worried about work for the time being. Every time I do begin to worry, I just up my meds. My neighbour just bought a new refrigerator and I called dibs on the cardboard box in case I need to move out of my own house.

Bet you're sorry you asked, eh?

Thanks for replying to my post.

Hiya Dave! Welcome. I'm Svetlana (or Lana for short). I'm also new, so nice to meet you! This is a great place, and people here are very friendly. I hope everything goes well for you. I'm sorry you got laid off, but I know you'll find something bigger and better out there when you least expect, Maybe even doing something you love! And your goals DO look very attractive, I agree. Hehe. Remember, there's no star we can't reach. :]

Good luck and again, Welcome to TPF!

Hiya Dave! Welcome. I'm Svetlana (or Lana for short). I'm also new, so nice to meet you! This is a great place, and people here are very friendly. I hope everything goes well for you. I'm sorry you got laid off, but I know you'll find something bigger and better out there when you least expect, Maybe even doing something you love! And your goals DO look very attractive, I agree. Hehe. Remember, there's no star we can't reach. :]

Good luck and again, Welcome to TPF!

Thanks so much for the lovely welcome. So far my short experience on the forum has been very positive. I'm sure I'll get back to work soon, so no worries (yet). In the meantime, I get to enjoy the summer and take some photos. Does life get any better? I think not. :D

Thanks again!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back