The lens from mix ads

konceptj

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I notice the same lens from different photographers in mix zeds. It's white and rather large for canon Scott kelby uses this same lens. What is it? Why is it white?

they are the telephoto ef series lens excellent lenses wish i had the money for one of them

They powdercoat them white to increase their visibility at professional venues as a marketing/advertising ploy.

one thing is for sure - it does work - but i wonder how they fare with dust on the actual lens body. i hate the blotched grey patches that sometimes occurs on white surfaces if you dont actively clean them.

They powdercoat them white to increase their visibility at professional venues as a marketing/advertising ploy.

one thing is for sure - it does work - but i wonder how they fare with dust on the actual lens body. i hate the blotched grey patches that sometimes occurs on white surfaces if you dont actively clean them.

Dust is not a problem, i just wipe it with a duster or damp cloth

It makes them more visible for sure. Does it really work from a marketing standpoint? Does it really help them sell more gear?

The color of the lens body has nothing to do with the quality of the image, which is what the photographer sells.

If you're not actively, and routinely, cleaning your gear there are larger issues afoot. ;)

hahaha true but when its white you gotta be more proactive in the cleaning department.

sell more? probably.

common folk response would be: wow thats a big white lens over there, gotta check out what lens that is next time i go into a store.

more informative folk: so many pros are using canon, i think i should take a look at canon for my DSLR purchase.

advance folk: i want that lens!

hehehehe my very basic idea of what happens.

I typed this on the ipad last night.. It's supposed to say Mpix ad's for anyone wondering.

I get why they would make them white, to stand out, same reason alot of photographers get a battery grip on their d90, not because they need the extra juice but because it makes them feel cool.

I was watching a commercial or something a few weeks ago and they were shooting portrait with these massive lenses. Would you actually use them for that or is it just to make it look "in the commercial" like they are professionals?

200mm lens are commonly used for portraits. but granted the marketing mechanism for lens does seem to favor on the bigger = better with lens and portrayal of pro photographers

I think Canon is in cahoots with the folks who make those expensive Lens Coat camouflage covers for them.

Most reactions

Back