the lock

Rob A

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
hey guys, im doing a project on metal, and i took a photo of this? what do you think? please critique!! thanks :thumbsup:

lock.jpg

Ooh, very nice. Could maybe use to be a little lighter and have a bit more contrast; it looks a little too middle grey to me, but that's just my opinion. I like the sharpness of it and I think the DOF is good. Good composition overall. :)

hey guys, i have made it a little birghter and added abit more contrast. i didnt make it LOADS brighter but anyway. first is the original (posted at the top) and below it is the brighter one!

lock.jpg

lock2.jpg

Ditto the last two Rob. the lighter version is much better. I've only shot one roll of B&W ( that hasn't been developed yet so can i pick your brains ? did you use a flash with the original shot , if not did you consider it. I was wondering whether it would have picked out the darker areas such as the locking notch on the hook, the hole it goes in and the left hand side of the lock ?

hope ur photos come out well mate!! no, i didnt use a flash for this, i did think about it though. the sun was pretty much behind me to so it was shining right on it and i wanted to keep some of the natural shadows in there. i was also thinking of going back at night with a flash to see how that came out, but it started to pour down :shock:

Second one is better. Nice texture and good DOF.

Most reactions

Back