The London Eye

freelunch

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jerrydavis.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The London Eye was built for the Millennium celebrations. It was intended to stand for a year, but has proved to be so popular that it has become a fixed part of the Westminster skyline. The queues to go on it are just as long today as they were eight years ago. If you choose a sunny weekday, it's worth the wait.

#1. The London Eye from the Westminster side of the Thames.
01eye.jpg

#2. In the queue.
02eye.jpg

#3. Looking eastward.
03eye.jpg

#4. Houses of Parliament from beneath the Eye.
04eye.jpg

i like all the different colors of light in number 4 :D

great captures!!

Thank you.

Interesting about the lights: many cities look better at night than they do during the day because of the lighting. In these days of astronomical energy bills, there is much talk of switching off the lights at night. A shame, but maybe an economic necessity?

Number 3 is the pick for me - lovely composition.

Something not right about number 4 - lack of detail in the clock-face and the parliment - perhaps the shot is slightly over-exposed, not quite sure.

Number 3 is the pick for me - lovely composition
Thanks.

Something not right about number 4 - lack of detail in the clock-face and the parliment - perhaps the shot is slightly over-exposed, not quite sure.

I took that snap shot with my Canon IXUS 70, pressing the shutter while trying to hold the camera steady on a railing. It's certainly not tack sharp. :lol:

Most reactions

Back