The Lone Fishermen (Open for Critique=))

123rfanna

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi TPF peeps!

Here is an outdoor shot of a fisherman , which I took with a Nikon D70s, Aperture: f/13, Shutter Speed: 1/500sec, ISO: 640, Lens: 18-70mm, Focal length: 18mm

I tried another zoom in shot but preferred this for a more dreamy effect and with more emphasis of the skyline , what do you guys think?

$9901240_xxl.jpg

A larger image here: Silhouette Image Of A Fisherman Fishing While Looking At Sunset. Banco De Imagens Royalty Free, Ilustrações, Imagens E Banco De Imagens.. Image 9901240.

Nice, I find it even stronger if you crop off the LH edge just far enough to remove the sun itself. That's a huge visual distraction which grabs the eye and pulls it from the subject. Remember; the eye is attracted to brighter over dark, so the sun automatically pulls the eye to the left.

Nice, I find it even stronger if you crop off the LH edge just far enough to remove the sun itself. That's a huge visual distraction which grabs the eye and pulls it from the subject. Remember; the eye is attracted to brighter over dark, so the sun automatically pulls the eye to the left.

This may be scientifically true, but I didn't even notice the sun was in the frame until I was through looking at the man.

Technically, he is watching his rod tip.

This may be scientifically true, but I didn't even notice the sun was in the frame until I was through looking at the man.

I get what you mean and enjoy thinking about both of your comments. I wonder how much longer I would have stayed focused on the man if the sun was not there, so I covered it up on the screen. What I noticed more are the rays of light. It seems the man is staring up at them or towards whatever is creating them (could be the sun or a spaceship or the rapture).

Cropping the sun out adds to the shot in my opinion and I probably would not have thought about it without reading both yours and Tirediron's comments. Good stuff!

Remember; the eye is attracted to brighter over dark, so the sun automatically pulls the eye to the left.

Thanks for the tip! Will remember that!

A bigger distraction for me than the sun is the horizon line splitting your subject. I would prefer a more zoomed in shot from a lower perspective.

Most reactions

Back