The Lonely Herring

caspertodd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I shot these while in Gulf Shores last week. This is my first attempt at a sunset:

IMG_5270_herring.jpg

IMG_5275_herring2.jpg

IMG_5305_1.jpg

I like the first one best, it naturally brings the focus on the heron without drawing it away from the sun too much. In the second one it seems like the heron and sun are a bit too far apart and competing for attention (still a very nice shot though). Third one could use a tighter crop IMO.

Great shots!!!! I love sunset pictures!!!! And the Herring in there just really makes the shot!

Thanks!! I was surprised that the Herring stood there so long, but it gave me an opportunity for a little trial and error since is was the first time I had taken sunset pics.

Just a hint- a Herring is a small fish that is often pickled, what you photographed is a Heron. I think it is a grater blue heron.
the Gulf Shores -Orange Beach area is a great place for all sorts of photography. I have some from a couple of weeks ago that I will post when I get the film back from the processor. You have some great pictures posted.
Judge Sharpe

Just a hint- a Herring is a small fish that is often pickled, what you photographed is a Heron. I think it is a grater blue heron.
the Gulf Shores -Orange Beach area is a great place for all sorts of photography. I have some from a couple of weeks ago that I will post when I get the film back from the processor. You have some great pictures posted.
Judge Sharpe

You're right! ;) And I thought I was a good speller...oh well! :lol: Yeah, definitely post your heron shots when you get them. Thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back