What's new

The lonely ones

crawdaddio

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 5, 2005
Messages
1,157
Reaction score
15
Location
Central IL
thelonelyones.jpg
 
I always enjoy your billiard shots...but in this particular case, I don't care for the selective coloring. I did in the past shots. But for this one, I think the color is too far away from the subjects in the bg and takes away from them. I think they lend a hand to the photo. It's almost they're playing on all three tables at the same time...and that's cool!
 
As always, I appreciate your comments Mr. wood! I like the selective coloring version because, to me anyway, each colored ball represents and is pretty well in line (visually in the image) with each of the background players. 'Loneliness, together'. I also agree though that it takes focus away. I tried several versions of this shot, so I will include two more for your ponderance.

Thanks for the input.:blushing:

~DC

thelonelyones2.jpg




thelonelyones3.jpg
 
The last addition adds a really classy touch this shot! Nice.

And don't make any changes if you like it! You know what I mean? If you had a vision when you shot and edited, and it turned out the way you wanted it, then keep it :)
 
Thanks.
I always have trouble deciding which version of a particular shot to keep/print/submit/etc......You should see me in the darkroom, it's rediculous.

So all outside input is extremely helpful to me. Thank you!
Rock on completely................
 
Great shot. I kinda like the selective colour image. Nicely done. !!
 
Very very cool shots :) i love the selective colouring in the first one. The atmosphere of all 3 versions is great. Good job man
 
I agree with Woodsac, I liked the selective coloring in the previous posts but its distracting in this shot. I prefer the sepiaish (new word) version, I really like this shot daddio, probly the most out of your billiards series, nice work!

-Joe
 
Joerocket said:
I really like this shot daddio, probly the most out of your billiards series, nice work!

-Joe
Wow:blushing:

Thanks!

I hope it's okay to post this many revisions in one thread. I removed the BG distractions, I didn't like that thing growing out of her head. I think I'll keep this one!


thelonelyones4.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom