What's new

The lonely Signs

droiddev

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 13, 2011
Messages
65
Reaction score
4
Hey everyone. Here are two more that I took recently. One in Charleston and the black and white one in Savannah. Let me know what you think!

5428870551_b5e4153c3d_z.jpg




5428866141_3a16fe66ca_z.jpg
 
Signs are one of my favorite subjects, but they have to play against something else in the frame or be so damaged or defaced as to become abstract art. These do neither - they're just signs on the street. At least that's my view - if you had something else in mind, then maybe someone could offer critique on whether you got what you were after.
 
Signs can be interesting but it only works when you have some interplay w/ another subject.....=)

#1 In my mind this is just documenting a sign that I have seen lots of times. I look at it and think.....ya....what about it....=)
#2 You used selective color. So my eye goes right to the"speed limit 30mph". The only other point of interest is a sidewalk w/ trees and that just has nothing else to do w/ the speed limit. Again you need to have something else in the picture that makes the sign relevant. =)

Great shots are sometimes hard to come by and if you are waiting for them to come up in a signs view you might be waiting a long time!!
 
True evaluations, above; in the first image a long queue of parked vehicles can be ironical
In the second, think about an old women walking, that would bring the fun of speed limit
Of course, i liked the second image as of now too
Regards :D
 
Wow It would have taken me forever to come to those conclusions. Great advice!
 
I like the second image, but agreed with the consensus...

046-1.jpg


Image wasn't shopped so didn't take out the power lines,straiten, and I didn't have a decent fill flash when I took it. We are going to make a mixtape called no outlet soon though, just have to redo this shot. This isn't the 1st time i have used street signs haha.
 
Last edited:
I like that one. It almost ties the sign in with the person in the image. Give it context.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom