The Majestic

The_Caper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This fella was sleeping when I quietly made my way up to a nice close proximity. This is the same area where I shot the GBH from yesterday.

I_am_Duck.jpg

His_Majesty.jpg

Chubby_Duck.jpg

Wow, I really like the first one.

Thank you Lockwood. I liked the second one only cause I thought he looked more regal. This set is probably my best set so far of ducks in the swamp.

Thanks again.

Paul.

Wow, these are amazing - great detail! I love how they can sleep with a foot up.

Great getting such low down shots of him! was that lying on the mud that got you those?
they say a duck will only stand on one leg when happy -- I say he does it only when the other leg is tired ;)

Wow, these are amazing - great detail! I love how they can sleep with a foot up.

Thanks Hannabelle, I appreciate it. I do find it amazing how they sleep with one leg up.

Great getting such low down shots of him! was that lying on the mud that got you those?
they say a duck will only stand on one leg when happy -- I say he does it only when the other leg is tired ;-)

I was actually sitting down in the muck with some old jeans on as I do not have hip waiters but I have heard of many bird and nature photographers using them.

I am not entirely sure about the second statement? I know that when I originally came upon him he was a sleep on the one leg. I don't know how that can be comfterable but as I crept up on him to get closer with my lowsy 200 mm of reach I woke him up and he remained on the one leg for some time.

Thanks for looking.

Paul.

Most reactions

Back