The Man who lost his horses...

Mansi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
or 'The Hillside Man'
While i was on my trek into the himalayas, we came across this man who had lost his horses... we pointed him upstream to the direction that we saw them, but before he left i asked him if i could shoot a few pics.. and voila....
One of the photogs suggested i use a reflector.. the sun was way tooo harsh
Love to know what you guys think :D

79b7ec91.jpg

8203b57c.jpg

66a00101.jpg

Thats all i got before he left in search of his 2 horses :)
Although i must say very co-operative of the guy... turned out to be a sort of an impromptu portrait session :mrgreen:

Thanks for looking :)

The first is excellent. Considering the bright sun I did not notice any real hot spots on the man. It is nice when you come across cooperative people. If you knew how I would say to send him a copy....

ya know, i understand that technically, your not to shoot in broad day, sun is too bright, yaddah yaddah yaddah....i have never been too technical....(can ya tell?) :)

he lives in the sun..you would see him in broad day light...how do you not shoot what you see?? anyway.. i love these...the textures of his clothes stand out..detail in his face is great.. you can almost read his every thought...i think they are killer...great job.... :thumbup:

Great shots Mansi...as always. I love the look to the first one.

Thanks You guys, appreciate your comments as always :D
thebeginning - well i shot this with my 350 and the kit lens at 55mm.. not ideal portrait length.. but at teh time i just had to do it this way :)

Nice shots Mansi. I kinda like #3.

You take reflectors & all on your hikes ???!!!!! I know they're light, but this looks like a multi-day hike, i would never think of adding ANY extra pounds to my pack - you're quite an extreme photog.
Nice avatar, btw (..wonder who came up with that word).

Miki said:
Nice shots Mansi. I kinda like #3.

You take reflectors & all on your hikes ???!!!!! I know they're light, but this looks like a multi-day hike, i would never think of adding ANY extra pounds to my pack - you're quite an extreme photog.
Nice avatar, btw (..wonder who came up with that word).
Thanks miki... was a week long hike :mrgreen:
well the trek i went on was specifically for photography... a few pros and some newbies/amateurs like me.. learnt lots.. and well borrowed the reflector from one of them pro's .. gah those guys were carrying like 4-5-6 cameras each! and lotsa heavy stuff and we kept shooting while walking so it was cool :mrgreen:
i survived :p
not an extreme photog yet :wink: well not even a photog... but i'll get there sometime!

Mansi said:
well not even a photog... but i'll get there sometime!
you're well on yer way I'd say
;)

I love the light and the earth tones to these shots. The expressions and the three as a series work very well together. The use of the reflector worked very well in making your subject pop from the BG.
Excellent.
The only thing I would suggest to improve this as a series would be to even out the exposures between the three. The last one appearing maybe a half stop darker than the first. That could be pretty easily rectified in PS.

where can I get copies? :mrgreen:

JonK said:
you're well on yer way I'd say
;)

I love the light and the earth tones to these shots. The expressions and the three as a series work very well together. The use of the reflector worked very well in making your subject pop from the BG.
Excellent.
The only thing I would suggest to improve this as a series would be to even out the exposures between the three. The last one appearing maybe a half stop darker than the first. That could be pretty easily rectified in PS.

where can I get copies? :mrgreen:

Thanks jk for the always enthusiastic response! :hugs:
the copies are on their way :lmao: :mrgreen:
i agree bout the bit where i should even them out... i could prob place them together and get a big print... may work well :wink:
Thanks

Most reactions

Back