What's new

The mighty Susquehanna

Double H

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 12, 2007
Messages
550
Reaction score
24
Location
Around the corner from the Turkey Hill, PA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I headed out to capture a very beautiful sunset from a very awesome overlook. These are shots of the Susquehanna River from Chiques Rock, a 200ft rock wall overlooking the river. Enjoy!

1
susquehanna_sunset2_sm.jpg


2
susquehanna_train_sm.jpg


3
susquehanna_sunset_sm.jpg
 
Not sure why none of the previous 38 passersby didn't sign your guestbook here (likely too busy watching some debate on TV). I think this is a very nice set, with the last image being the cream of the crop. Number 2 would have been my choice instead hadn't it included the train (nothing against trains, but I think it's just a distraction here). The water is surreal in all three photos.

Good work, looking forward to more from you and your camera.
 
Not sure why none of the previous 38 passersby didn't sign your guestbook here (likely too busy watching some debate on TV). I think this is a very nice set, with the last image being the cream of the crop. Number 2 would have been my choice instead hadn't it included the train (nothing against trains, but I think it's just a distraction here). The water is surreal in all three photos.

Good work, looking forward to more from you and your camera.

Thanks. I have about a hundred more to process. I'll post more soon.

This is a tough crowd.
 
I love your photos :mrgreen:....

excuse my ignorance, I am very new to photography...did you use a special lens to get the effect of photo 1? What do you call that type of effect?
 
I love your photos :mrgreen:....

excuse my ignorance, I am very new to photography...did you use a special lens to get the effect of photo 1? What do you call that type of effect?

Thanks for lookin.
Numero uno was shot with a Nikon 10.5mm, ƒ2.8 diagonal fisheye.
 
I like em all!! Although, I think the fisheye didn't help number 1, but the exposure is wonderful :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom