The Minnesota Rollergirls

JDP

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pavleck.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Now, I love photographing these ladies. I won't tell you why, but you'll probably figure out by the end of this series. These are 100% unedited, straight from the cam at the gf's house, so C&C appreciated. The entire set can be found here. All in all, I'll probably repost the complete edited set when I get some down time - there's over 500 photos to sort through!

1: I call this either "Selective Focus" or "Perverted AF"
245096459_7ff5fc28d5_o.jpg

2:
245096373_6912941e44_o.jpg

3:
245096300_f229b51777_o.jpg

4:
245096349_b1f8bef41a_o.jpg

5:
245096328_7bf5f319ab_o.jpg

6:
245096697_b99e747768_o.jpg

7:
245096518_2cac754733_o.jpg

I love the outfits!!!! I used to watch a Roller Derby reality show on A&E but I think its been canceled. Wow, can't wait to see your edited ones!!! Bring them on................. :)

These pannings are great fun! I like all of them.
But I haven't got a CLUE as to what on earth they are DOING here, other than that they are on roller-skates going in circles. But I can see referees and all that ... what IS it?

La Foto;

What you are seeing is a spectacle-sport of American invention called 'Roller Derby.' It's played by skaters on a banked oval track. There are two teams. Points are scored when a member of one team gains a full lap on, and passes, a member of the other team.

The game traces back to the 1930's, as do I. It has come and gone over the years -- like trench coats, elephant pants and mid-calf hem lines.

It shares with ice hockey the probability of at least one fight breaking out per game. Minor injuries abound. In some variants, each side has a men's team and a women's team.

http://www.sacnews.net/sacsports/rd1.html

Almost 100% correct Torus, except this particular track is flat and not banked. It's all part of the Women's Flat Track Derby Association and is great fun. The compeition is real, but they poke a lot of fun at each other with the silly outfits, names like "Misty Meanor" and jersey numbers like the symbol for Pi :)

Oh, and Oldnavy - that reality show you watched on A&E was actually about these girls.. The Rollergirls :)

And the roller derby program said
She was built like a refriderator with a head
Her fans called her Tuffy
But all her buddies called her Spike
-Jim Croce, Roller Derby Queen:lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back