What's new

The Moon

carldelain

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 17, 2011
Messages
65
Reaction score
5
Location
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I haven't found much about Astrophotography here (I haven't searched terribly long though)
A point in the right direction (if there is one) would be appreciated :)


I got my first DSLR a couple of weeks ago, and this is the first time i've tried shooting the moon.
Suggestions and opinions are very welcome! :)

2evghhv.jpg
 
cool! although i think the photo is suffering from a bit of compressed pixelation
 
What lens did you use??
Can you provide exposure time and Aperture?
 
Pretty awesome for a first attempt!!

Stevanity: I usually shoot the moon at ISO100 ~ f/8 ~ 1//125s and get good results with that combo.
 
Great first moon shot. My first moon picture had zero detail.
 
Great shot! Try shooting it when it's half-full instead of nearly full; you'll get some amazing shadows along the terminator that give the moon a lot of depth.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom