THE MOON

I like how that light is hitting the buildings, and there is a gentle touch of warmth on the near rock jetty.

I botched my opportunity yesterday evening for good pics of the Hunters Moon but I made up for it a little tonight with a handheld pic @600mm, 1/125 sec, f/11, ISO 100.
Word of mention, I recommend checking for front and back focusing on your camera to get sharper pics. I did a test on my camera tonight and found out that it was back focusing by about 5 marks so hopefully, my pics will be sharper for now on.
IMG_9065 (2)psblood moon.jpg

Yesterday morning around 0530. 420mm on APSC, and processed with Topaz Gigapixel AI

My longest lens for my Fuji X-T1 is the Fujinon 55-200, so back in September I rented the Fujinon 100-400 and the 1.4x extender, which gives 560mm.
Of course I had to have a go at the rising moon.

moon 08Sep19

Tonight. Pentax KP, 300mm, 1.4x

I like this but if I had to choose I would choose your Oct 22 pic over this one. I wanted to get last night's moon also but there was too much cloud cover and way too many mosquitos. :frown-67:

Reactions: pez

Nice pic. I almost made myself take a pic of the moon last night, it was surrounded by clouds that were all lit up and looking pretty cool. Maybe tonight instead, tonight's moon is a Full Beaver Moon.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back