The Mundane, Part 2

JonA_CT

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I made a resolution to take at least a photo-a-day this year. I used to play live music to get my creative energy out, but since my daughter was born, I can't justify or handle being out until 3 in the morning for a lousy hundred bucks anymore. I'm trying to use photography to challenge me to be creative each day.

Today's prompt for photos was "Shoes". Rather mundane, just like my earlier picture of "leaves". I really liked the B+W conversion on this one though. These are the shoes I wear to work almost every day. What can I do to make it better?

P.S. I'm gathering that people hate on watermarks here -- but I've been posting my daily pictures on facebook and have found them other places without permission...trying to at least keep some control over my work.

day 9 bw by jwa04, on Flickr

Nothing "mundane" about this picture. Funny enough I like such a point of view and often use it.

I'm using your idea to take at least 1 picture a day, not just a pic but a photo

To me a pic is just a Facebook snap. A photo has more to it. That's just the way I see it.

I agree with you, Trolley. Most of the people in the FB group I joined for this project are taking snap shots on their iPhone. My own purpose is to use my real camera every day, and to put some thought into the composition of the photos I'm taking. Some days are easier than others.

Hm... I always though, that picture is basically everything. There are just different types of pictures like pencil drawings, paintings, fresco, photographs and all sorts of digital pictures mimicking other styles people can do without the help of a computer.

My own purpose is to use my real camera every day, and to put some thought into the composition of the photos I'm taking. Some days are easier than others.
That's the way.

The given: This is a good photo! The only thing I might do next time is make certain that my depth of field reached the back(heel) of the shoe.

I like the image, and I think this is a good example of using a vignette without being too heavy-handed. Agree re: tones, very nice work :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back