The neighbor calls him Big Ben

RVT1K

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
And at over 5 feet from nose to tail, he is big. But they do get bigger. They start off a very bright green when born and get duller as they grow. The orange gets more and more pronounced as they get bigger.
My neighbor has started feeding the iguanas (notice the residue on his "lips"?) and I've nicknamed him The Lizard Pied Piper of Corozal.

DSC_8645PS1 16x9_015 - Copy.JPG

Nice shot! When we went to the Yucatan Peninsula a few years ago, we were snapping pics of the iguanas. All the locals looked at us like we were crazy. We don't see these big lizards walking around up north!

Great shot. I've never seen one colored like that.

Nice shot! When we went to the Yucatan Peninsula a few years ago, we were snapping pics of the iguanas. All the locals looked at us like we were crazy. We don't see these big lizards walking around up north!

We moved here from NY and one of the things I noticed after a couple of weeks was that the animal life we see is dominated by reptiles and birds, you hardly see any mammals other than domestic ones. I've seen only two or three squirrels, a couple of coatimundi, and an armadillo and we've been living here since May.

Here's a bright green baby that they all start off as.

20220710_090841 - Copy.jpg

Fascinating. Has a worldly wise look about it.

Most reactions

Back