The new guy intro/equipment inquiry

Film choice has a big impact on the kind of color you get. Some have a more subdued "natural" palette, while others are super-saturated a very bright. It can range from very little color "pop" to feeling like you are visiting Disney World. I would try and find examples of what different films look like. Unfortunately the lab you pick to print them can have an impact also.

okok, let me rephrase that: what characteristics should i look after when looking at film and the developing lab?

The other thing is, could i still go to a different lab with the same negatives, hoping to see a difference? If not, i probably couldnt get a good comparising..

sincere said:
okok, let me rephrase that: what characteristics should i look after when looking at film and the developing lab?

Ah! That's entirely up to you, really. It sounded like you wanted "strong colors", so you probably want to try out some high-saturation film to start.

The other thing is, could i still go to a different lab with the same negatives, hoping to see a difference? If not, i probably couldnt get a good comparising..
You might see a difference. There have been a lot threads here about choosing a lab, so you might want to try a search.

Most reactions

Back