The next Michael Jackson

JohnTrav

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Was walking on Santa Monica Pier this weekend and got a picture of this random guy singing. Let me know what you think?

This guy made me laugh just because of the way he is dressed

The next Michael Jackson
$544331_149122445262999_2002430752_n.jpg

This guy made me laugh just because of the way he is dressed

The photo has to many distracting elements. The guy in the background and especially the guy with the grayling Afro and two tone mustache.

Thats Miguel Jackson.

The first thing I noticed was the guy with the canon lens.

I vote for a Bootsy Collins look-a-like.

Right on, it's the first year in quite a few i haven't gone to it as i don't play competitively anymore.

It was a blast. It is my first year traveling to play competitively. I'm more of a PSP player but the team I am on plays NPPL but its awesome. Next event is at my home field also so I'm pumped

The two guys together could be an interesting subject, but less distractions would help clean up your background. There's an edge of a banner that could be cropped out or might have been better in the photo to see what it is, if it adds to the story.

I'd get people and objects either completely in the frame if they add to the photo, or change your vantage point and get them out of your picture altogether. Taking a step to the left could have changed your perspective enough to get some of the distractions out of the way. It might have worked to wait a sec. til the guy with the camera gets either behind your subjects or out of your viewfinder (or maybe coordinate with your friend on where you'll each be at different times during the event).

I've found shooting sports and events can take a lot of waiting to get the shot you want. I got so I can shoot with both eyes open and use my peripheral vision to see who's coming into or going out of the scene. I usually get set, get focused, then frame the scene with both eyes open til I see a shot; then close my eye to adjust focus if needed and release the shutter. That's what works for me but it took time and practice and may not be what would work for everyone.

And the guy made me think of Bootsy because of the shades, although Bootsy's are usually way more interesting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back