What's new

The Night Lights

DwayneOakes

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 28, 2011
Messages
62
Reaction score
15
Thanks for taking a look !

Take care,
Dwayne Oakes

p1011105943-4.jpg
 
Here are the main stages on how the photo was made:

In-camera
1-The vertical streaks in the photo where made in the field using
the in-camera's double exposure feature, most DSLR camera's have this
feature. I took one photo of the forest handheld and still (use the slowest
shutter speed possible) lens VR can help with this.

I then took a second photo and as I pressed the shutter button down
I moved the camera downward fast to create motion blur. The camera
then combines the two photos together using its firmware.

Editing (Nikon Capture NX2 software)
2-Orton-effect was added to give the photo a dream like look.

3-The photo was converted to black and white.

4-I dodge (lightened) in all the lights on the (motion blur) streaks.

5-The blue tint was added last by moving the WB (white balance) slider
to a very cold setting this gives the photo the night look.

EXIF data

-Nikon D80/Nikkor 18-200mmVR
-1/25 second @ f/8
-31mm
-ISO 100
-Ev -1 1/3
-Vr ON

Take care,
Dwayne Oakes
 
There are some times when it is best to NOT explain what you did. Even when asked.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom