Space Face

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well a tiny, tiny part of it;)

Test-4.jpg

Test-5.jpg

Looks like a chunk of melted glass. Very cool, I'm a sucker for waves.

Thanks J. Unfortunately it's a few degrees colder than molten glass:D

It is nice and sharp and it speaks to me.

It says, why don't you ever use your fishing poles anymore?

It can be a great sea to fish in, particularly in rough weather in the winter. I've fished it hundreds of times.

We call them rods not poles.;)

I'd consider that a HUGE benefit, if the sea were the temperature of melted glass my house would almost certainly be uninhabitable although I live several miles from the sea. Indeed there probably wouldn't be anywhere on Earth with temperatures low enough for life. Having the seas 5 degrees warmer might be plesant if it doesn't impact weather patterns too much, but hundreds of degrees is just excessive!

I have to agree with Jeff about how great your shots look. I've always struggled to get good images of breaking waves trying on an open beach might be part of the problem. The wall just behind the wave certainly improves the shape of the first one.

It can be a great sea to fish in, particularly in rough weather in the winter. I've fished it hundreds of times.

I could be wrong but I'm guessing the word pole is still used over here because many people in the states used to use the old school cane poles. They were cheap and effective, mostly used for bobber fishing of small fish. Some people still use them.

Pretty interesting shots. Looks like the second is a crop of the first. I get similarly interesting shots shooting water overflow on dams. Maybe I'll post a few to keep this theme going

I'd consider that a HUGE benefit, if the sea were the temperature of melted glass my house would almost certainly be uninhabitable although I live several miles from the sea. Indeed there probably wouldn't be anywhere on Earth with temperatures low enough for life. Having the seas 5 degrees warmer might be plesant if it doesn't impact weather patterns too much, but hundreds of degrees is just excessive!

I have to agree with Jeff about how great your shots look. I've always struggled to get good images of breaking waves trying on an open beach might be part of the problem. The wall just behind the wave certainly improves the shape of the first one.

Cheers. Yeah a sea of molten glass might be a tad on the warm side.:D

The second shot is just a crop in of the first. I think the wall does assist in the wave construction plus the lay out of this beach allowed me a half decent angle.

Pretty interesting shots. Looks like the second is a crop of the first. I get similarly interesting shots shooting water overflow on dams. Maybe I'll post a few to keep this theme going

Cheers. Yes the second is simply a closer crop.

I could be wrong but I'm guessing the word pole is still used over here because many people in the states used to use the old school cane poles. They were cheap and effective, mostly used for bobber fishing of small fish. Some people still use them.

We used to use cane rods:D:D

The wall is the outer perimeter of an inner harbour and the shot was take a short distance along a small sandy beach area which leads onto about 15-20 miles of cliffs and rugged coastline. Although the waves are reasonably active here, it's fairly calm compared to what it can be like. In stormier weather I wouldn't have been able to stand where I was and even atop the harbour wall would be dodgy.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back