The Old West

Jeff Canes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does the series work? Critique and comments are welcomed.

1)
large.jpg

2)
large.jpg

3)
large.jpg

4)
large.jpg

5)
large.jpg

Interesting location. Mind telling where (statewise)?

I like the composition in 4 the most. The colors seem slightly too blue or green to me.

The shots are good, but too much noise and saturation of green and blue.

Can you tone it down somewhat?

I'd be interested in knowing what these were shot with - you get a similar effect using a mobile phone where there's a limited pixel count. I quite like the effect you've got as I don't get too hung up on noise (didn't we used to call it grain once upon a time?), but I'm not sure it would stand too much enlargement.

The grain I think is mainly for the film being underexposed. I really messed up on these. But they maybe Ok if I have them print on matte paper. Hope to get a test print made this week.

The saturation issue, EIR is a heavy blue saturated film when correctly exposed, IMO when underexposed it tens to be heavier, and when overexposed it goes purple, originally I did try a B&W version of #4 but did not like it, never consideration de-saturation them some

The location is Badlands national park is South Dakota

Canon EOS1
Canon 28-70 2.8L
Yellow filter
Handheld
EIR @ 100 ASA / C-41 (Aerial Labs house process)
Nikon COOLSCAN V ED / Digital Ice3 (auto)

50% de-saturation version (looked fine on monitor at home but a little dark at work)
large.jpg

Fantastic scenery, the colour cast is not to my taste, but they have stirred child hood memories of saturday morning movies !! The 1st shot would look awsome with the lone ranger and tonto riding off into the distance !!

Deano

These are very nice shots. I love the scenery. I really like the 50% desat photo.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back