What's new

The Ornate Temple

mjhoward

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 22, 2010
Messages
2,014
Reaction score
414
Location
Bowling Green, KY
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The Temple of St John the Baptist in Savannah, GA. It is a very ornate and beautiful temple. I know this is a popular site for photographs so I tried to get a composition that was a bit different than the norm.

p690314013-2.jpg

http://michaeljeremie.com/p674387340/e29255b1d

Hope you like!
 
Last edited:
Nice capture, but it seems a bit lighter than I would have expected in an indoor shot. Did you use HDR to capture this, if not, I would be curious to know how you did it as these interiors are a often dark and a bit dreary.

WesternGuy
 
Nope, no HDR. I shot it handheld with a D7000 at 20mm f/4.5 1/20s ISO1600. The only adjustment I made was more of a composite where I replaced the "can" lights down the left side with ones from another underexposed photo to get some detail back... in the original, they were blown out a bit. I also did the same with the stained glass in the windows but I set the layer opacity lower to allow the brightness to still come through a bit and look correct. I can post up the original untouched photo if you like but this church had windows all around and was pretty well lit. My mouth dropped a bit when we walked inside. Thanks BTW.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom