What's new

The Pelican Brief

poof

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 6, 2009
Messages
105
Reaction score
0
Location
Islamorada, FL
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
...or a brief post with some pelican pics.

pelican1-5.jpg



pelican1-2.jpg



pelican1.jpg



C & C please.
 
I like 1, however I think you could get some more color out of it.
 
I really like the composition of the last photo. The Pelican is giving you quite the pose and attention. What would have made this would have been the background having a bit more color. Thats alot of hazy white back there.
 
I thought the same thing after posting. I'm away from my Mac nd working on cheap pc right now. The difference in screen quality is ridiculous. It's like flying blind.

Here's a redo:

pelican1-2-1.jpg
 
Here's a good pose. It needs some work but it's a good capture.

pelican1-3.jpg




I like what you did tulsa, I think halfway between yours and mine would be optimal.
 
Awesome dominantly! Most o the pics from this session have pretty white backgrounds.

I also really like that crop tulsa.
 
I love the pelican best in the 1st one. I do agree that the background needed a change. I like what Tulsa did with the white background, but I'm not a fan of the blue background you put in. Why don't you try a gradient in photoshop, making the background color fade from top to bottom so that you achieve a background similar to the one of the 4th pose you posted (the one with both of the pelican's wings poking out).

In terms of color, the background is best in that 4th pose.

Great job with these :thumbup:!

Bekah
 
I found one with a better background. What do you think?

onemore.jpg
 
The pipe in the bottom left hand corner is distracting the "thank you" is as well
 
I agree. I'm gonna edit them and see what happens. I'll be back.
 
Why don't you try a gradient in photoshop, making the background color fade from top to bottom so that you achieve a background similar to the one of the 4th pose you posted


Something like this?


onemore-3-1.jpg
 
Your second image is interesting enough; the colours are clean and vibrant enough to, when mixed with the composition, hold attention.

However, it's still not quite as effective as is. A darker exposure with a silhouette would have worked - to give a simple dark cast. It could also have more form and be a little smaller and to the left in the frame.

With the second (EDIT: Last, sorry) one; if you can retain the colours of the previous one, it would have been excellent. It could do with a little more contrast... looks rather hazy (the entire photo).

But otherwise, they're well captured.

A :thumbup: from me.
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom