The People of Osu In Nagoya Japan (4/4)

Hehehe... My thoughts always jump directly to: What's it going to be used for? Maybe I will become the poster-boy for ancient long-bearded Americans living in Japan or something. :D

People_228.jpg

is that tila tequila???

Awesome. I love seeing photos of places I've never been to. Especially ones that capture the feel of the people who live there. The old man at the bar gives you that kind of feeling. I feel like there's some great story behind that picture. I love it.
Of course the photos of the girls are nice to.

i noticed u used "grit" to describe a smoke. u from nj?

Hehehe,

Well, post them here when you do. ;)

Love it, Bifurcator! So cool to see these snippets of daily life from a faraway country I have never had the good fortune to visit. Thanks for sharing.

You're welcome! And thank YOU for the nice words and comment!

If you ever do make it here look me up! I can tour guide and will work for good times and a few beers. :D

The old man I think is a better photo than I presented in the collage . I was moving too fast. I cropped, de-noised, sharpened, and adjusted levels on 235 images in just a little over 30 min. :D Here's more what it looks like in it's RAW form:

PICT3363.jpg

People_223.jpg

Here's the PP/crop to compare.

Thank you all for your comments and it was my pleasure to share these! I dig it! :D

Here's the links to the other parts again:

http://thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130820 Part 1
http://thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130822 Part 2
http://thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130824 Part 3
Both these crops and PP are great. The version with which I resonate most is the version I saw first, in the first of the four pages of images.

This one.
People_027.jpg

I think it's because there is space behind the gentleman, and he is turning his head to look that direction. While the bright figure on the right may be distracting to some, I find it almost abstract, and a nice vertical compositional element. It helps provide depth to the pub behind the figure of your subject. And of course the treatment of light and dark, so reminiscent of Rembrandt, makes this version a killer in my view.

Hehe Yeah, that's almost classical "Rembrandt Lighting" - a lighting term.

I kinda like the second one best too. It has an extra generational statement to it.

Thank you for taking the time to notice and comment on it! Very much appreciated!

The old man is a classic and one of the best I have seen on here, however you crop it. The lighting is fantastic, the composition is faultless. It is an image to be envied. You are King of the forum--- for now.
Judge Sharpe

WOW, you like it that much huh? Thanks! That's sincerely appreciated!

Proof positive that if you hand a monkey a camera - sooner or later he'll take a good pic with it. :D

wow taht was cool looking at all those pictures. i felt like i was there. Do people get all wierded out when you just walk up to em and start talking pictures? thats gotta be akward. lol they probably think they are being stalked. Keep doing it! i wanna see more!!

Most reactions

Back