The perfect matching hobby for photographers

I've done some Geocaching (and placed a cache too), but I've done a lot more Geographing:

www.geograph.co.uk

This is a project to take photos of every 1 kilometre Ordnance Survey grid square in the UK (the OS is a bit like the USGS, but I think the maps are better...).

It's been going for a couple of years, and large areas of the country are already covered. They have clickable maps on the site, so you can zoom right in to individual photographs.

Thom

My husband and I used to do a lot of geocaching, but with a 7 month old and a 2 year old, I think it will be a few years before we do it again. It is a blast though! We did a site that was near our airport. It was on airport property, but it was near the adjoining airforce base. Just after we found the cache and were heading back to the car, a security guard pulled up. We thought he was going to question us, but he pulled out his GPS. He was on his dinner break and he thought he would go find the cache since it was so close to his work. :D

I've done letterboxing and geocaching as well, and both are very fun. You actually don't need a GPS for them, you can just follow the clues. Great fun. :)

Most reactions

Back