The Perfect Secretary - Revised

Granddad

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Another one from our shoot last week.
I can't decide whether to try giving it an old photo effect or not. Suggestions and examples of what you would do are welcome. My creativity sometimes needs a hint of where to go next ... or whether to leave well enough alone.
suit-2510ecopyrightmedium.jpg

I generally really like this, except for what looks like her having been composited onto the floor/background. My main issue is with the flooring… Everything else looks quite realistic, but that part of the picture is not helping your cause. I like the wardrobe, and propping, and the lighting, and the general styling. I like everything about the photo, except the floor and how it looks in relation to the subject

Last edited:
One of the problems I've faced is what to do where the floor meets the wall. In this case it might be the combination of floor color and wall color being to closeto the same color, the baseboard to large, or having it dissect her knee.

The other minor thing is the frame on the wall being so close to her head. To me its a distraction.

Duly noted. I can't respond fully right now as I have to leave in 10 minutes for hernia surgery. :D
It may be a day or so before I'm back in the saddle. The floor is actually pretty close to real (if you look closely you can see the original chair shadow). I used Portrait pro layers, did a background swap for a colour backgroud and faded it, maybe not faded enough? I'll play with it some more when I'm up to sitting at my desktop again.

I'll jump on the bandwagon here too... on the technical side, the selection artifact on her right arm is a bit... drastic, and her left hand looks like you maybe were a little too harsh with the spot healing brush. The big thing though for me, is her expression; it's just not quite right IMO. Her mouth should be making that little surprised 'O'. Right now, it looks more like she's listening to a complaint... all that NOT to take away from a well done image, but as you get better, well, we just have to tighten the screws a little more, right? ;)

Hope the butchery went well!

Right now, it looks more like she's listening to a complaint... all that

That's my DW's "Are you sure you want to go there" look :allteeth:

Hope all goes well with surgery!

Awsome photo, My father still uses a phone like that.
Is this a composite?

I like it myself.

Any C&C does point to the expression, but other than that, it shows some really well done work.

Home within 4 hours and fine so far, totally painless... Great surgeon and nurses. God bless the National Health Service!!

Just one response (to John) before I head up to rest, yeah the hand is a bit botched. The original is 68 years old with veins, age spots and arthritis lumps. I'm going to have to up my game there or make sure the backs of her hands aren't showing. I'll try another of the shots (lots to work with) with a more interesting expression.

Yes, turn those screws! If I wanted likes and wows rather than ways to improve I'd only post on Facebook! ;)

The original is 68 years old with veins, age spots and arthritis lumps. I'm going to have to up my game there or make sure the backs of her hands aren't showing

Being even older with a circle of friends older, many of whom have endured the effects of various and sundry medical treatments, I can say you haven't seen anything yet. Men by and large once they reach 70 don't really care about spots, lines, etc. and many of the women in that same circle are starting to care less. It's who we are, so don't get overly concerned about removing all traces, don't be afraid to leave a little character. Poses that minimize turkey neck and batwings under the arms seems to be more appreciated then concern over a few age spots. Chemo skin is another matter. What the drug does to the texture, tone and color of skin is sad, most of those appreciate a little color with a nip and tuck here and there to smooth things out, but even then, it's important to not go overboard.

The original is 68 years old with veins, age spots and arthritis lumps. I'm going to have to up my game there or make sure the backs of her hands aren't showing

Being even older with a circle of friends older, many of whom have endured the effects of various and sundry medical treatments, I can say you haven't seen anything yet. Men by and large once they reach 70 don't really care about spots, lines, etc. and many of the women in that same circle are starting to care less. It's who we are, so don't get overly concerned about removing all traces, don't be afraid to leave a little character. Poses that minimize turkey neck and batwings under the arms seems to be more appreciated then concern over a few age spots. Chemo skin is another matter. What the drug does to the texture, tone and color of skin is sad, most of those appreciate a little color with a nip and tuck here and there to smooth things out, but even then, it's important to not go overboard.

The age spots and such don't bother me, either. With this series I'm just using her as the canvas to see what I can do with my software as an artistic challenge. We have plenty of realism and are comfortable with it. SHE likes what I'm doing. SHE is inspired by what I'm doing and has lots of ideas for poses etc. SHE has upped her game outside the studio as a result and looks better now than she did when she was younger and working for a living. New clothes, new hair style, new wigs, new make-up. Seriously, I've got the best of all worlds!! :boogie::biggrin-93::clap::eagerness::frog::icon_hug:

Speedy recovery from the surgery
Thank you. I'm doing fine. It was an umbilical hernia (belly button) and I had a great surgeon and team on the National Health Service. 18 hrs post surgery and I'm just feeling a little bruised. MUCH better than expected. :D

I know what it is as I have one but nhs will not do mine until I loose weight
Anyway back to photography nice images, and nice post processing
You could try the young office girl on the bosses knee that period you are working in it was not unknown
You have to mark it nsfw don’t want to give modern bosses ideas and gave some young man sat on her knee lol

Most reactions

Back