The perfect website

guis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi,

I'm looking for the perfect website platform and I have troubles to check all the criteria. I would like a multilingual website (up to 2 languages) with geolocation, client area, minimalist theme, seo optimized.

I had a look to the most popular ones (Squarespace, Smugmug...) but there is always something missing.

Do you have any suggestions?

I couldn’t find one that had everything I wanted so I built it myself from scratch. After I got it about 98% the way I wanted it I hired a guy to do the finishing touches. There’s still a couple things that aren’t perfect but it works and people call me.

TreeofLifeStairs.com

What each person says is perfect is unique.
Never let perfection stand in the way.

Tim

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

@TreeofLifeStairs Doing it by myself is plan B, I was hoping to save some time. Your website looks good, keep up the good work.

@n614cd With "perfect" I meant mandatory requirements.

@TreeofLifeStairs Doing it by myself is plan B, I was hoping to save some time. Your website looks good, keep up the good work.

@n614cd With "perfect" I meant mandatory requirements.
What is minimialist?
What is geolocation aware? Display a map? Search via map location? Search via area drawn on a map?
I can go on and on. Your requirements as defined are rather vague. I also am not aware of one which meets them (I also do not follow the available choices to compare featurs).

Ti.

A minimalist web design simplifies navigation and focus on the most necessary elements (example: Nuabikes).

The geolocation is needed to determine which language to apply. If your visitor is from the UK, you display the english version of the website, if he's in Columbia, you display the spanish version.

I've come to the realization there is no such thing as a 'perfect' website any more than there exists a 'perfect' anything.

Two problems will instantly arise: 1. visitors will have a totally different idea of what a website should look like, interact, function, etc. 2. As soon as you think it's 'perfect', the goalposts get changed by SEOs and other leaders in the innernets arena.

A minimalist web design simplifies navigation and focus on the most necessary elements (example: Nuabikes).

The geolocation is needed to determine which language to apply. If your visitor is from the UK, you display the english version of the website, if he's in Columbia, you display the spanish version.
That is not geolocation aware. That is locale aware. Being in IT, there is a large difference and using IP location to guess locale if not provided (easier to actually use a little javascript and read the locale and redirect to the correct site).

Good luck finding what you want. I think though you are more likely to require a custom site.

Tim

Most reactions

New Topics

Back