What's new

The pleated Hill tops in the Golden light

Frequency

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Oct 17, 2010
Messages
8,864
Reaction score
683
Location
Calicut, Kerala,India
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Time, the Goldsmith melted the sun-Gold In the hut of dark night.... the burning red slowly settled down when the golden rays spread all around.....



_MG_6194,BP,small by Flashback'r, on Flickr

C&C please

Regards :D
 
I was really enjoying the colors and texture in this, and the diagonal lines, until I scrolled down to the bush in the lower right. The only thing I can't decide is whether the image should be cropped just above the bush or just to its left. Whenever I suggest cropping out some major element like this I suspect that it was the element which made the composition work for the photographer, and that perhaps I should just be ignored. That's how it strikes me, though.
 
I love the fading of the mountains into the background.

Nice shot.
 
I agree with Ken here, I don't think the bush is adding anything to the image and really pulls me out of the magic and depth that the strong aerial perspective creates. I'm not sure a re-crop is going to suffice.
 
I was really enjoying the colors and texture in this, and the diagonal lines, until I scrolled down to the bush in the lower right. The only thing I can't decide is whether the image should be cropped just above the bush or just to its left. Whenever I suggest cropping out some major element like this I suspect that it was the element which made the composition work for the photographer, and that perhaps I should just be ignored. That's how it strikes me, though.

Actually i though of this issue; i kept it there for the following thoughts
i. To give a DOF and to avoid two dimensionality
ii. To prevent visual flow out of hills from the image; the tree is a check dam there :D
 
I agree with Ken here, I don't think the bush is adding anything to the image and really pulls me out of the magic and depth that the strong aerial perspective creates. I'm not sure a re-crop is going to suffice.

Thank you Bazooka; in spite of my argument, sometimes a clean hill view alone may be more attractive (reality sometimes defies logic); i will soon post an edit or any body is welcome to do that :D
 
Now that is really nice. I just love the layers there. I've tried that a few times, but not been quite as sucessful.
My complements!
 
That lighting is wonderful! I see why you put that there, though, but I agree, it could maybe be placed differently for a bigger impact.

Nonetheless, it's a great shot!
 
That lighting is wonderful! I see why you put that there, though, but I agree, it could maybe be placed differently for a bigger impact.

Nonetheless, it's a great shot!

Thank you Compaq for your understanding

Regards :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom