The pout

frommrstomommy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is his usual "get out of my face with that camera" pout face. My husband says it perfectly captures him.

DSC_9605-2 by capturedbybc, on Flickr

Was trying to get sharp eyes even at wide open.

cute... getting a little fiber in is diet, is he? (or cellulose, maybe!)

I would prefer a bit more DOF.

Because we can achieve a very narrow DOF does not mean we should.

I agree with Ron... there are times when shallow DOF is an advantage... there are times when it isn't. Especially when there are very few lenses that are at their sharpest wide open.

I was more trying to get it sharp at 1.8 just to play with the new camera. I think its weight has maybe been affecting my ability to hold it still or something
Lol I've been shooting at various apertures to experiment though. I do like this shot as is though.. I wanted the focus to be just his baby blues.

I was more trying to get it sharp at 1.8 just to play with the new camera. I think its weight has maybe been affecting my ability to hold it still or something
Lol I've been shooting at various apertures to experiment though. I do like this shot as is though.. I wanted the focus to be just his baby blues.

From your OP I knew that's what you were going for. I like those types of extremely shallow DoF shots. But you're right - they are hard to pull off - at least they are for me, especially hand held. Maybe try using a monopod. It's a lot easier to drag around and that extra point of contact can really help get those shots where you need to be super still.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back