The puddle of infinite industry

JemRaid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all,

I've been wandering around industrial estates near to our home gathering pics to turn into a figurative video. This morning I was looking at images from a photo book that Gabriela Cendoya-Bergareche had put on FB rather odd B&W ones the book is called,
"beauty exists
In between the tick-tock sounds.

I think."

By Miho Kajioka

In Japan apparently you have to create photo books in order to be recognised as a photographer. Seems to me to be a complete waste of valuable resources when the back lit screen is far better at displaying them.

puddle.jpg

Well that's just my opinion.

J

No good asking me... I think who cares. I do photography for me, what I like. If others like what I do then that is an extra

I'm so impressed with the power of the camera. I just finished, James Agee's book "Now Lets Praise Famous Men" and it's a jaw dropper. This is where photographer "Walker Evans and Atgee reveal the quality white tenement workers in the rural south. Walker's photo's speaks to the power of a camera. If photography is only about self adoration and promotion it's a lost medium.

Read the book!

Ok ta the reply was more for the have to do a photo book to classed as a photographer. One of my for me topics is record shots. Home is in a sm village and shops come and go, I like to keep a photo record of the changes. Two years ago I did I then and now booklet of some of the changes . Standing or as close to where someone took pics 20,30 years a go and doing a now pic. I read somewhere that despite all the photo tech we have now less and less record photography is being done. Goes back to a debate on another thread who will see our photos and will they be able to open the e storage we currently use if it has lasted

Last edited:
I bow to your with respect.
Your self assigned photo assignment is one to be admired. Like you, I photograph historical buildings and structures that stand as markers for the future. To me there isn't a more respectful or important for us to do. I often return to places I've photographed again and again trying to do a better job. And that happens all the time. I'm my only inspiration. For some of us, we know how important this kind of work is.

Good luck to you.

Joe Crumley

Thanks when young I used to photo the fields and county side the sm odd shaped fields now they are all massive open fields of course non of those early pics survive and my parents said I was wasting my film kids now are more interested in their gadgets than what’s going on outside as they travel. I have a panoramic shot of Southampton pire. Showing the decay have to dig it out and see what peeps here think of it.

We need more photographers like you. So many people fail to see the importance of recording what's going on around them in taking photographs to record that. The purpose is not to accuse but to be faithful to the record of time. To me, there's almost a mandate by creative photographers to set about taking historic for future reference.
Once again thank you for your recordings.
Joe

7987E9DD-4EF0-4CD0-AA78-BE4D0B3B291B.jpeg
Not a good pic but it was for the moment, last time we came to this place there was a thriving group of market/antique stands inside .Now all colosseum off and apparently due to be turned into flats so soon all those upper windows will be sprouting balconies

D8EA66BB-E981-49E5-94FA-47FC3317EC8E.jpeg
9B2E1C9D-3532-4C1B-B91E-7E1D8F7D3EE4.jpeg
Whilst this is part of a bigger panorama there are so many styles of old buildings by the river at Weymouth. Sometimes I like to look and work out some of their history these are just three examples

Joe, maybe we should start a old buildings thread, see what others out there have. If nothing else it will be a crude data base

I would encourage photographers everywhere to visit their State Historical Society and ask about important building still standing. That's a good start. Even better would be to join one of the Historical Building Society.
Not sure there are that many people taking photo's of historic beautiful buildings. Perhaps we should encourage others to give it a try.

What a good idea Miho.

Chickasha Hotel.jpg

Prairie House 7-6a.jpg

The Prairie House has been featured on several national magazines. It's future is in question. Now privately owned there aren't known plans for restoation

Most reactions

New Topics

Back