The relentless march of technology

What size of CF card do you currently use?

• 8GB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 16GB

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • 32GB

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • 64GB

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • 128GB

• I don't use CF cards

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I exclusively use bacon for all my storage needs

• Total voters

weepete

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.petecrawford.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been shooting with the same 16GB CF cards for a good few years now, and I've got the feeling they are getting a bit janky. So, after I unintensionally misplaced them, I finally got round to ordering a 64GB CF card (a Lexxar UDMA 7 160MB/s that I've been fond of in the smaller size)

My oh my! I'm used to getting 300 shots and some change from a card, so to see the shot count at almost 1400 from a single card shouldn't suprise me, yet it seems huge. It struck me that sometimes the relentless march of technology creates benefits we often take for granted. I cant think how I ever thought getting 36 shots from a roll of film was a lot!

Made me think, what size cards do other people use?

I use 64GB XQB in my D500, but will switch to 64GB CF when they need replacing.

SD cards, here. I used 4GB or 8GB with the D40, but switched to 64GB with the D750.

Transcend 64GB SD. I’ve been using it for almost two years, and it seems to do the trick.

I use 8gb when I send copies of pictures to my daughter. I think I have a 128gb in my camera. I use 32gb in my computer and for storing slide shows in my TV. So I guess I use size depending on their use. Also, because I shoot 4K video, you have to buy higher speed cards. So it's not only the storage size that counts.

My CF cards are from 4gb to 32gb for my DSLR's. My R6 only has dual SD card slots and both are filled with 64gb cards.

My Pentax bodies all have dual card slots with 32gb cards in each. I've resisted the urge to go bigger as they hold more than I need for a day or more, and forces me to transfer or switch cards.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back