The requirements for a good photo

Overread

hmm I recognise this place! And some of you!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Until a chiseled in stone standard of the minimum required for a "Good Photograph" is written out, I think we have an example of perpetual motion here. ;)

Well after this post in one of those kit/gear threads that seem to be rather popular at the moment I went away and did some thinking - then I worked it out and here it is

"A good photograph must be pleasing to the eye of the beholder and also be created by a method that the beholder has no opposition to."

and there you have it - good luck pleasing the beholder!

beholder.jpg

A camera and someone to operate it are the bare essentials for taking a good photograph. A beholder is simply a bonus, so take no notice of what he thinks, he's probably only got one eye anyway.

are you saying John - that you do not behold your photos after taking them and they they remain stored in either film or cyber space? A beholder is those that view the image- be they the photographer that took the shot, an art critic, a passer by, a stranger, a forum member etc...

are you saying John - that you do not behold your photos after taking them and they they remain stored in either film or cyber space? A beholder is those that view the image- be they the photographer that took the shot, an art critic, a passer by, a stranger, a forum member etc...

yes, sometimes, but it's not essential...

...A hive only has one "i"

Actually, the correct definition of 'a good photograph' - it's one that does the job it's supposed to do.

And before you argue, try thinking about that for a bit ;)

Actually, the correct definition of 'a good photograph' - it's one that does the job it's supposed to do.

And before you argue, try thinking about that for a bit ;)

Why do you think I'm going to argue? I couldn't agree with you more ;)

drat - Hertz's brain works better than mine!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back