The Return of Half Frame!

Uh-oh, you had to show me this didn't you!

We should be selling those here as we sell the new reloadable PnS from Kodak (M35) (in many pretty colors). We also sell the new Ilford Sprite 35 II reloadable.
Hmmmmmm.... I wonder what the "employee" price will be?

We should be selling those here as we sell the new reloadable PnS from Kodak (M35) (in many pretty colors). We also sell the new Ilford Sprite 35 II reloadable.
Hmmmmmm.... I wonder what the "employee" price will be?
Even at half frame, that little camera likely won't have a huge keeper quotient--all the better to sell more rolls of ever-pricier film! It's cute, though, and will save people the grief of buying old "cult" p&s models. But I'm all in for anything that keeps the labs open.

I remember having a Ricoh half frame camera once ... I used to load slide film in it and shot everything as a diptych in a full frame slide mount.

Oh, that's an interesting idea! A real reason to buy one. And pretty colors!

I have something half frame, but I might need another. No, it's not all that pricey. Ooh, that one in green... and I had to look up that Ricoh, didn't I? And I found a half frame 'club', I'm in a rabbit hole now...

I have a Mercury half frame too, yeah, I can use another half frame... Scotty lit the ol' lightbulb over my head. If your shop has any of these I'd just as soon buy from there as elsewhere.

But I'm all in for anything that keeps the labs open.
I'm all for that! I processed 223 rolls of BW in my lab last month and our C-41 processor runs about 70-85 rolls a day.

Scotty lit the ol' lightbulb over my head. If your shop has any of these I'd just as soon buy from there as elsewhere.

I can let you know when they might be in stock.

OK, I'll wait with bated breath...

See, now I've seen them, I want one! Which color.....?? And film for half frame... There is no such thing as too many vintage and plastic/toy cameras.

Old and busted SLRs don't have a chance against these for casual film shooters' money.

Probably not. I have plenty of working mechanical SLRs and rangefinders, and midcentury bakelite cameras that may/may not work and are just cool-looking shelf art. But I've probably used most of mine at some time or other.

Have the last Kodak box camera made, British, and it actually has settings! and I've used that one a good bit. Took it to a hockey game... but I'm a camera nut! and a hockey nut. And they're mostly fairly inexpensive. I just have a lot of fun using them.

Probably not. I have plenty of working mechanical SLRs and rangefinders, and midcentury bakelite cameras that may/may not work and are just cool-looking shelf art. But I've probably used most of mine at some time or other.

Have the last Kodak box camera made, British, and it actually has settings! and I've used that one a good bit. Took it to a hockey game... but I'm a camera nut! and a hockey nut. And they're mostly fairly inexpensive. I just have a lot of fun using them.
Cool. I get mildly nauseated by the latent hipster/trend junkies who make fetish objects of pricey Contax p&s cameras. No time for retro fashion statements. Friends who use toy/junk/pinhole cameras crank out impressive shots whose look isn't just dumb luck. Enjoy!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back