Thank you all for your valuable comments. Your opinions and input are very important to me because individually and collectively, you see things in these pictures that I do not see, and you point out various technicalities which is my main purpose for uploading these pictures here in the first place (besides having a natural tendency to flaunt my wares). I do not yet possess the knowledge or the experience required to see the flaws and the blemishes in my photographs (or anyone elses for that matter), I am a novice trying to create a good photograph (or two..). A good photograph in my opinion, is one where the beholder looks and says to him/herself; self! That is a good photograph!!!
Tyson Thanks! Im glad you like the picture. I like water views as well, almost as much as I like old, beat-up and decrepit buildings J but thats a different topic altogether
La Foto you give me much too much credit. I wasnt undecided about the ratio of cloudy sky and water, I was too busy trying to avoid getting my camera and myself splashed (in that order)
Tsk-tsk-tsk: THAT sea! *shakes head* ... splashing water everywhere, "indiscriminately", as you are saying, J. Dang. :wink. <unquote>
So I was just clicking away and hoping something halfway decent would come out of it. Also, I did not selectively brighten the rock in the second picture, it selectively brightened itself
. But that is exactly the sort of detail that I do not notice so thank you for pointing it out to me.
Simonkit Your suggestions and comments are most welcome, this is how I will learn and hopefully produce a better picture
.. eventually.
Unfortunately the waves were not crashing onto the sandy beach. They were crashing onto the rocks where I was standing (did I mention all that spray?) so perhaps it is a matter of finding a suitable location and a Plexiglas shield, or maybe Ill just stick to photographing old buildings, they dont spit at you! J
J