The seller has listed the defective RX100 M3 I sent back

What I wrote earlier was quoted by a few who disagree with me, and that is fair enough.

I do not agree with a dishonest dealer passing a defective unit on. However it is being sold as used, and it is possible that it was only a software glitch or something similar causing the issue. Sometimes even a memory card can make a camera go funny.

Also without seeing the actual camera listed now it's not 100% definite it's the same unit. Who is to say the seller didn't return it to where it was originally purchased and get a replacement (unlikely but possible)

What I wrote earlier was quoted by a few who disagree with me, and that is fair enough.

I do not agree with a dishonest dealer passing a defective unit on. However it is being sold as used, and it is possible that it was only a software glitch or something similar causing the issue. Sometimes even a memory card can make a camera go funny.

Also without seeing the actual camera listed now it's not 100% definite it's the same unit. Who is to say the seller didn't return it to where it was originally purchased and get a replacement (unlikely but possible)

It is the same camera. Why would he relist it using the same photos?

Also, I've tried several memory cards. The is camera is faulty but you didn't have it, so you didn't experience the issues no matter how much I explain and share photos, I get called stupid.

Anyways, I'm done with it.

It's done and over with now, no longer my problem. I have one that works beautifully now.

I know people that have listed and sold items on eBay using manufacturers photos and also using photo's they took for more than one item, it's not uncommon, the eBay terms say not to go by photos, but go by descriptions when buying.
This is from the eBay listing help center:
Standard features and upgrades
You can add up to 12 photos for each listing.

The first photo appears in the top left of your listing and next to your item's title in search results. It's called the gallery photo.

The other 11 photos display in a viewer at the top left of your listing. We store copies of your photos on eBay, and they stay in your completed listings for up to 90 days, so they can be re-used when you relist or sell similar items.

You can also use the Gallery Plus listing upgrade to show larger photos that appear in search results.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Much ado about nothing.

57164668.jpg

Oh well, I guess im wrong.

You bought a camera, it had a problem and you got refund. I'm not sure why you want to give negative feedback. What's to say the seller didn't get a technician to go over your return unit, then re-list it.Just sayin...

That may be true, but it goes to the ethics of the seller. He listed and sold an item with issues and did not disclose them. That transaction is what the feedback is, was, and is intended for.
When you sell a car, you always list every repair that was ever done to the car, or just that there are no current issues with it?

When I sell a car, I give the potential buyer an opportunity to look it over, ask questions, and actually take it for a test drive. Something you really can't do when buying a camera on ebay.

You're comparing apples to oranges.
Don't buy on eBay then and you don't need to worry.
This isn't rocket science. Camera bought and returned as defective. Seller knows it is defective and put it out on the market again as fully functional. There are two kinds of lies in this world. Those of commission and those of OMISSION.

Sell a defective product, take it back and give a refund because it is defective, good seller

Sell a defective product, take it back and give a refund because it is defective, then resell it as working fine to another unsuspecting person with this as part of the description "PLEASE READ FULL DESCRIPTION and See all pictures BEFORE PURCHASE. I WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY RETURN IN THIS CASE." = THIEF.

In my part of the world we look out for others and thieves are identified as such.
Never buy anything used, you are just buying someone else's problems when you do, there is a reason it isn't good enough for them to keep or they wouldn't sell it.
Build your house new did you?

Most reactions

Back