The seller has listed the defective RX100 M3 I sent back

Sell a defective product, take it back and give a refund because it is defective, good seller

Sell a defective product, take it back and give a refund because it is defective, then resell it as working fine to another unsuspecting person with this as part of the description "PLEASE READ FULL DESCRIPTION and See all pictures BEFORE PURCHASE. I WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY RETURN IN THIS CASE." = THIEF.

In my part of the world we look out for others and thieves are identified as such.

In cases like that I leave a positive feedback if the Seller returns my sale without hassle ... but I do leave a feedback like ... "Camera defective, seller return was good".
That at least gives a note about a problem and the link to the item is still active in the feedback for a while.

You could be right. Also the seller could have sold something in good faith and it developed a problem. I am not playing devils advocate - I am even in a situation now where I bought a secondhand Nikon 300mm f4 AF-S lens in January that is plaguing me with autofocus issues that I have been told is a focus lens issue inside. If I could get a refund on this I'd give a triple A+ feedback to the seller, but it was a once off seller I met and it tested ok. Was it ok? seemed so but its not ok now. The feedback probably should be for transaction, yes. But like any electronic component, things happen. I am of the view that though it was inconvenient, OP was not out of pocket- positive feedback for seller

For the life of me, I CANNOT understand how you are unable to view this situation as follows:

Sell a defective product, take it back and give a refund because it is defective, good seller

Sell a defective product, take it back and give a refund because it is defective, then resell it as working fine to another unsuspecting person with this as part of the description "PLEASE READ FULL DESCRIPTION and See all pictures BEFORE PURCHASE. I WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY RETURN IN THIS CASE." = THIEF.

In my part of the world we look out for others and thieves are identified as such.

You bought a camera, it had a problem and you got refund. I'm not sure why you want to give negative feedback. What's to say the seller didn't get a technician to go over your return unit, then re-list it.Just sayin...

That may be true, but it goes to the ethics of the seller. He listed and sold an item with issues and did not disclose them. That transaction is what the feedback is, was, and is intended for.
When you sell a car, you always list every repair that was ever done to the car, or just that there are no current issues with it?

You bought a camera, it had a problem and you got refund. I'm not sure why you want to give negative feedback. What's to say the seller didn't get a technician to go over your return unit, then re-list it.Just sayin...

That may be true, but it goes to the ethics of the seller. He listed and sold an item with issues and did not disclose them. That transaction is what the feedback is, was, and is intended for.
When you sell a car, you always list every repair that was ever done to the car, or just that there are no current issues with it?
This may not be relevant, but when I sold my old beater mustang I actually DID list every issue and repair that I knew to be done to the car.

Never buy anything used, you are just buying someone else's problems when you do, there is a reason it isn't good enough for them to keep or they wouldn't sell it.

When I sell a car, I give the potential buyer an opportunity to look it over, ask questions, and actually take it for a test drive. Something you really can't do when buying a camera on ebay.

You're comparing apples to oranges.

This may not be relevant, but when I sold my old beater mustang I actually DID list every issue and repair that I knew to be done to the car.
But you did that to make it look better as in, you won't need to do this because I already did it. What about the repairs that you didn't know about? What about recalls and dealer repair bulletins that you never heard about? There has to be a point when you say, "as is".
All I am saying is, 'buyer beware', always is a good idea.

When I sell a car, I give the potential buyer an opportunity to look it over, ask questions, and actually take it for a test drive. Something you really can't do when buying a camera on ebay.

You're comparing apples to oranges.
Don't buy on eBay then and you don't need to worry.

Dude, I love ebay.
My used ebay successes far outweigh the few minor issues I have had over the years.

Dude, I love ebay.
My used ebay successes far outweigh the few minor issues I have had over the years.

I agree, I sold nearly $25,000 worth of stuff on eBay lol.

Its just kind of crappy of a person to relist a defective item as normal working condition. Is it possible that he maybe got it worked on? Its possible, but personally, i'd disclose that the camera has been repaired.

Its okay thought, I left my feedback saying the camera was defective and of course it links to the orginal listing and also it mentions the item has been relisted. Should be interesting.

Dude, I love ebay.

++1. I've saved thousands on ebay over the years. A few bad ones in there, but overall it's bought me a lot of nice gear.

The OP said, "He doesn't mention how the camera is ummm...defective. There is something wrong either with the shutter mechanism, software or other hardware issue. But he's listing it as working good"

What is the actual defect? Your comments seems very general as to the defect. Maybe he tried the camera and it worked and figured you just don't know how to operate it. Or maybe he reset the software. Or maybe the memory was full or no memory card at all.

He's got 100% positive on over 400 deals. If he was a crook generally, I doubt if he'd have 100%. I'd be careful before I call someone a crook. You may have made an error in operating it.

What were the actual symptoms?

The OP said, "He doesn't mention how the camera is ummm...defective. There is something wrong either with the shutter mechanism, software or other hardware issue. But he's listing it as working good"

What is the actual defect? Your comments seems very general as to the defect. Maybe he tried the camera and it worked and figured you just don't know how to operate it. Or maybe he reset the software. Or maybe the memory was full or no memory card at all.

He's got 100% positive on over 400 deals. If he was a crook generally, I doubt if he'd have 100%. I'd be careful before I call someone a crook. You may have made an error in operating it.

What were the actual symptoms?

I do know how to operate it, not my first time using one.

Also..shooting indoors at 1/1000th, f/8 and ISO 125 shouldn't result in an overexposed image. Shooting outdoors at 1/2000th, f/8, ISO 125, shouldn't result in overexposed and blurry image especially when its sitting on something stable. Look it up, there are quite a few complaints of people having overexposure issues with the RX100 M3. There is something faulty with the camera. Some users on DPReview who've had this same issues sent it back to Sony and Sony said there was a fault in the lens, they replaced it and the camera worked perfect after. After returning the defective one, I got a another RX100 M3 and it doesn't have these issues at all even when the settings are exactly the same, even in same lighting conditions.

Also when chatting with the seller he said he doesn't really know anything about cameras. He's just selling them.

.............He's got 100% positive on over 400 deals. If he was a crook generally, I doubt if he'd have 100%. .....

Sellers have the option to not accept feedback when they list an item. Choose NO when you list a known defective item.

Most reactions

Back