Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Another from my most recent session for the Veteran's Portrait Project: Chief Petty Officer Dwight Grieve, MMM, CD, Sergeant-at-Arms of the Malahat Branch of the Royal Canadian Legion.

Dwight.jpg

This is the kind of man that inspires nightmares in the minds of people during recruit training! As always, comments, critique and suggestions welcome and appreciated.

Very nice mate. Love the way you've got the rembrant lighting but kept just enough detail and tonal difference to stop the shadows on him merging with the background.

Very nice indeed. The only negative might be the skin tone, WB seems a little cool on my monitor, but it may be on my end as I haven't calibrated in a few weeks.

Very nice mate. Love the way you've got the rembrant lighting but kept just enough detail and tonal difference to stop the shadows on him merging with the background.
Thanks! I was pleased with the way it turned out; it was an tight location, but it worked.

Very nice.
Thanks JC! :)

Very nice indeed. The only negative might be the skin tone, WB seems a little cool on my monitor, but it may be on my end as I haven't calibrated in a few weeks.
Hmmm... I will have to check that. Thanks!

My first reaction was to straighten up my back and salute. I find the shadow from the nose a bit distracting. I would want him to turn slight left or right for greater or lesser shadow ... or greater or lesser Rembrandt illumination under the eye ... depending how you want to look at it. A bit of softening on that shadow to take off the edge would help.

On reflection (pun fully intended! :p ) you're right Gary, that does need a little more work. Thanks!

Most reactions

Back