Another great Veteran's Portrait Project session (with a twist...)

tirediron

Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What's the twist you ask? The fact that this marks the first time that I've created a Veteran's Portrait Project portrait for a member of TPF, your own @baturn! It's also the first time that I've created a portrait for someone who is an accomplished photographer in their own right, and of course despite the fact that I've done this a hundred times and have the routine tightly dialed in, it was also the first time things almost went south... as I was setting up, I totally missed the fact that the light stand supporting my beauty dish and strobe was set up so that the dish was over the space between two legs and NOT over a leg as it should be... of course just as I'm getting ready to shoot... "Timmbbbberrrrrrrrrrrr..." fortunately Brian caught it and save the dish, the strobe and his floor! Note to self: Just because you've done this before is NOT a reason to rush!

Brian served 32 years in the Royal Canadian Navy as a Fire Controlman and later, a Naval Electronics Sensor Operator, responsible for the employment of ship's main armament.

Tuner_VPP_WEB.jpg

Petty Officer First Class (Ret'd) Brian Turner, CD

Most reactions

Back