The Seven Deadly Sins of Emerging Pros.

Now if only people would follow this:
#5 - A Facebook Fan Page Is Not A Website
As much as Facebook is a great networking tool it shouldn't be a replacement for conventional methods of contact/promotion.

Facebook use in the US is rapidly on the rise. It allows you to connect with hundreds of people, for basically no cash outlay, and it's one of the fastest-growing social media forms in the world. I think a lot of people are underestimating the value of Facebook as a promotional tool...not those who know how to use it, but mostly those who are too stuck in the traditional mindset of "how and where" business contacts ought to be made, and where promotional efforts ought to be directed.

Now if only people would follow this:
#5 - A Facebook Fan Page Is Not A Website
As much as Facebook is a great networking tool it shouldn't be a replacement for conventional methods of contact/promotion.

Facebook use in the US is rapidly on the rise. It allows you to connect with hundreds of people, for basically no cash outlay, and it's one of the fastest-growing social media forms in the world. I think a lot of people are underestimating the value of Facebook as a promotional tool...not those who know how to use it, but mostly those who are too stuck in the traditional mindset of "how and where" business contacts ought to be made, and where promotional efforts ought to be directed.

I didn't say it shouldn't be used; just that it shouldn't be a replacement for other methods - including a personal website etc. It's not well setup for the purpose of running a business from a facebook page only.

22 private portrait commissions at $500 a pop since 2010, with no advertising dollars spent, says it's a damned good way to pick up some extra cash, tyler...

Aye, but Tyler isn't disputing the use of Facebook, he's agreeing with the blogger that a Facebook page, whilst part of a modern photographers marketing and web presence, should not be the photographers main website on the net. That they should have separate and professional website dedicated to their photographic company/outfit.

Like this!!!! ::chuckle::

Good commentary, don't worry about the initial response, I think it's just caution.

:) I really liked that.....funny

Most reactions

Back