The Seven Deadly Sins of Emerging Pros.

No intro + first post + link = SPAM = No Thanks.

Sorry? Didn't really know. Are there rules about posting before sharing a link or something?

Rules - nothing written in black and white. Don't take it personal as there are many before you that have posted links that wasn't intended for the greater good :lol:

It's a credibility thing based on post count.

Great read, thanks
bigthumb.gif

I can understand that. Thanks for the clarification. I definitely plan on being involved in the forum. Just thought I'd break the ice and share something. thanks though.

I don't usually click on links in new member threads either but I did for that one, and that blog's remarks were right on target.

I don't usually click on links in new member threads either but I did for that one, and that blog's remarks were right on target.

I literally laughed out loud reading this. Keith we should save our breath and link the up and coming guys/gals to this article. Even the media has caught on when they're usally light years behind. lol

Good post Authorized.

I thought this was pretty funny. I love learning but I don't ever intend to do anything but shoot my family. However, I know a few people that are "Professionals" and it looks like I took them with my point and shoot...Really??? In fact my sister lives about 16hrs away and pays a someone like this everytime her pics go up on facebook I just want to tell her to stop paying for them!

I thought the following sections were of very high importance to the beginning pro shooter:

#2 - ”Got my camera. Got my business cards. Oh crap, I forgot to learn photography.”
#6 - Your Photos Are Boring And Unoriginal

:thumbup: I normally end up disliking these kind of blog posts - because half the time they just rant/rave about the bad side without building anything constructive - nice for a quick laugh but not something I like to dwell over. So its great to see one that has a bit of fun and yet still has some good constructive input :)

Now if only people would follow this:
#5 - A Facebook Fan Page Is Not A Website
As much as Facebook is a great networking tool it shouldn't be a replacement for conventional methods of contact/promotion.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back