What's new

The shots from the bridge (9 shots)

SommarShade

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Dec 24, 2005
Messages
2,840
Reaction score
84
This is what prompted the post 911 hysteria
Yeah Im going back there like every Saturday night !!!
anyone else welcome to tag along......
Theres already 2 of us committed to go.

1
industriallbharbordec07night-1.jpg



2
industriallbharbordec07night-2.jpg



3
industriallbharbordec07night-3.jpg



4
industriallbharbordec07night-4.jpg



5
industriallbharbordec07night-5.jpg




6
industriallbharbordec07night-6.jpg



7
industriallbharbordec07night-7.jpg




8
industriallbharbordec07night-8.jpg



9
industriallbharbordec07night-9.jpg
 
That train is freakin cool! After seeing these shots, well to be honest, even with myself, I can kind of understand why you might be questioned. Calling All Cars was definitely an over reaction.

-Shea
 
thanks !!!

I'm using an old 20D with the tamron 28-75 2.8 lens.


I dont mind being questioned, but the security guards think they are cops nowadays. I should file a complaint with the security guard company every time this happens.
 
stunning shots!!!

#2 is just awesome
 
Thor - makes me wish I was in the OC area... but a drive out from Michigan is a bit much to tick off the law ;-)

I am very interested in the post processing you do... or at least how you are setting up your camera? (if you care to share)
 
Thor - makes me wish I was in the OC area... but a drive out from Michigan is a bit much to tick off the law ;-)

I am very interested in the post processing you do... or at least how you are setting up your camera? (if you care to share)


Thanks,
nothing special in the equipment, I use an old canon 20D, release cable and tamron 28-75 2.8 lens.
decent tripod and I process with lightroom and then final file sizing in PS
Sometimes Ill use the 50mm lens when I cannot get the tripod with me, but overall Ive found that
stopped down properly the 28-75 is just as sharp as the 50mm. more so at the wider end.
lately Ive been playing around with come post processing, sometimes I just like to bring out
color combinations in shadows, but sometimes Ill go with something a little more harsh
like in the train shot I was expiramenting with making the lights dark and the darks light.
It reminds me of an hdr shot a little, which I ususaly dont like, but its gritty and it works
well for the train I think....
 
Dude, wtf, you have gotten really good at this kind of shooting.

Ok everyone, props to the 'hammer. He's got a full-on day job, kids and a wife, and he still loves photography so much he's out at night getting these kinds of shots.

Well done brother!
 
These are all awesome - I like the train the best as well. Well worth getting hassled by the rent-a-cop IMO. :)
 
Amazing shots mate, again, train shot for me really stands out, but there all awesome.
 
Those are all great shots. I really like night photography and those are excellent. The color in #1 is awesome.

I recently got hassled by security guards outside the headquaters of Visa - the credit card company. I was taking some IR shots and a guard came out and told me stop taking pictures and to delete all my shots. I told him, "It's not going to happen." Those guys are a real pain in the ***.

If I was in SoCal I'd join you - I'm up in the SF Bay Area.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom