The SLR's of the 80's

The EM is nifty little camera, but be aware that it's automatic in function, and has only one manual speed, if the battery goes. It's possible to use it sorta manually, but that's done by messing with the automatic functions.

The K1000 is entirely manual, and if the battery goes down, only the metering is lost. It's essentially a Spotmatic F with a K mount. With an adapter, you have access to a huge variety of M42 lenses from the older Pentax models.

While the EM is pretty durable, I'd go with the K1000, which is much more robust and reliable.

I recently bought (but have not yet recieved) a Pentax Super A and can't wait to start shooting with it! I also stumbled upon a Konica C35 EF that my dad had lying around, and although not an SLR, it looks pretty neat. Have yet to run any film through it though.

Yeah well I did decided to go with a mamiya ze, but now my photographer friends, says its a doosey! Because they break easily? They told me to get the Hasselblad, what luxury I love it too! But costs so much more!

I've got a Pentax K1000 that I bought brand new in 1979 from JC Penny. It has a 50mm 1:2 original lens and a 135mm 1:2.8 lens. Comes with the original case and a Hanimex X322 flash. I just pulled it out of the closet when I read your post. We probably only shot about 20 rolls of film through it before it went into the closet when we bought a video camera in 1981. There it has sat since.... (wow- I see it has a roll of film in it... I wonder if I can still get it developed :wink:). If you're interested, I would sell all to you for $50 plus the actual cost of shipping to you. Otherwise- back in the closet it goes for another 30 years.

K1000 over the EM. K1000 is a tank.

Olympus OM1N is one of my personal favorites.

I've got a Pentax K1000 that I bought brand new in 1979 from JC Penny. It has a 50mm 1:2 original lens and a 135mm 1:2.8 lens. Comes with the original case and a Hanimex X322 flash. I just pulled it out of the closet when I read your post. We probably only shot about 20 rolls of film through it before it went into the closet when we bought a video camera in 1981. There it has sat since.... (wow- I see it has a roll of film in it... I wonder if I can still get it developed :wink:). If you're interested, I would sell all to you for $50 plus the actual cost of shipping to you. Otherwise- back in the closet it goes for another 30 years.

I'd be interested in this, if it is in pristine condition. Can you provide photos of it?

Glen

camperbc said:
I'd be interested in this, if it is in pristine condition. Can you provide photos of it?

Glen

The 50f1.2 is probably worth much more than that to the 4/3 shooters

When you said the 80's I thought you meant the plastic fantastic AFs. Gotta love the EOS 650 and the Minolta disat-o-cams!

And what is there not to love about teh EOS RT. Right O|||||O?

Hello,
The camera is in pristine condition as are both lenses. Hasn't been used in 25 years but everything appears to work flawlessly. Here are a couple of snaps of the camera and the additional lens. Let me know if you're interested.
Bill (Jaguaraz)
$Pentax-4-2.JPG$Pentax-7.JPG

They should make more posts with selling film cameras on here from members! It's a good source!

For Minolta i have a soft spot for the XD-11..have two working and two for parts.On the K1000 vs EM..The K1000..if you want a great Nikon find you a FA

I go crazy with my SLR cameras, I got to have about 3 lenses each, it do awesome! I do the same for my digital ones too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back