The Spider's Web (1 and 2)

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This was home to a small spider and I liked how it behaved in the light.

dasglitzerndespinnennetz02framed.jpg

dasglitzerndespinnennetz01framed.jpg

Next to it was a bigger, less orderly one, with a much bigger inhabitant:

spinne01.jpg

And several things had got caught in the bigger spider's web:

blattimspinnennetz01.jpg

blattimspinnennetz02.jpg

All things found this afternoon upon doing some work in the garden, and the last two say "autumn" to me ever so clearly.

Now I should go out and finish the work I had started ... ! :D

Nice ones Lafoto! I like 'em all, but especially the iridescent effect of the web in the first two shots.

Thanks, Jeanne.
That web was moving in the wind and constantly changing, so I had to be quick to capture it when it just was at its most colourful. You can see the movement - it is a bit blurred at the bottom. I did not have much light where I found it, tucked away behind our compost compound.

I hate spiders........but.......I do like the rainbow colors coming off of the web!!! Nice job!

those first two are amazing, corinna! outstanding! #1 is my fav, well composed, classic web design and you got the spidey too! :thumbup:

Wow, I really like the light reflecting off the spider silk. That's definitely one picture I would probably frame and stick on my wall. Well done.

Thanks to all! I am glad you like these. Yes, I was quite fascinated by the rainbow colours in that small spider's web and how it would forever change in the breeze.

WOW! I was also searching for a time for a spider net, but I couldn't find an optimal for photographing yet. You did a great job.

How long did you seek for this one?

I came upon this one when I threw garden wastes into our compost compound, and there it was. So I rushed into the house and (here comes the reply for Ravi now) got my Canon EOS 350D with the Sigma DG 70-300mm lens mounted to it, put that lens into its macro mode (between 200-300mm), first approached the web of the cross spider and got that macro (or several, but many had either camera shake (too dark, lens too long) or were out of focus (DOF extremely short in macro mode!)), then I detected the small spider, went around, had the light against me and saw the lovely rainbow effect on the web. Took pics. Loaded them into the computer, saw they were no good. Went out again with the same gear, hoped the sun would still be in as good a position for the effect, which it was, tried to be better and ... well... voilà.

Nicely capture Corinna. Really diggin the second shot. Way cool!!!

Thank you so, Chiller :hugs:
Yes, I quite liked how something as filigrane as this web behaved like a CD in the sun! :D

Most reactions

Back