The St. Charles Mill at Trailhead

Reverend

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.alsphoto.com
Was walking around historic St. Charles, and finally caught a shot of the old St. Charles mill with some snow on it.

IMG_0185.jpg

Trailhead is a microbrewery in St. Charles, MO. Too bad the streets were so busy...would have made a much better shot w/out all the cars.

IMG_0196.jpg

I see them ... and I think that you chose well to highlight the "Trailhead" sign by leaving only that in colour ... blocks out the busy street just a bit.

Thanks, I also added some vignetting to try to bring the focus in on the sign. The traffic is so terribly distracting to the photo, I pretty much tried everything to bring the viewer's focus into the sign.

I really like the second one. Does that kind of technique have a name? I've been meaning to try something like that for a while, I've just never got round to it. I really need to find a tutorial or something like that on how to do it.

Do you mean having one thing in color?.. its really simple if you have photoshop let me know if you want me to tell you how.

The technique is called selective color.

In Photoshop, you create a second layer of the same content, convert the top layer to B&W, then carefully erase whatever you want to be in color.

Personally, I think that the technique is trite and overdone, but sometimes its the only way to bring more focus on the subject of a "busy" photo.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back