The Story of Bade Miya and Chote Miya **Really Pic & Story Heavy**

Noooo... I don't want to ruin my chances with you!!:icon_redface:
Hey! One, two or even 10 bad pictures couldn't do that!

.. and.... you look good in that picture and you know it ;)

Raj - Street photography at its best!!
I really liked the photos. The lighting, editing and presentation are superb!
I hope your bike is at tip-top condition now :)
Fortunately yes it's in perfect condition now but I'd rather have owned a 50mm prime than spend all that money pointlessly! :angry:
Thanks Amil.. :)
A wonderful view into a world few of us will ever have the opportunity to step into - thank you Raj, both for the fantastic shots and the story to accompany them.
It's my pleasure Pejacre.. :) I'm surprised by how much I've started to enjoy street photography..
When I read the post is too long I out of my sheer laziness just carelessly scrolled down to see the photos, Damn I had to scroll back to the post and read it all.

Wonderful story, and kudos to you for takin'em for chuski ;) I'm so shy I don't think if I shall ever be able to do that. There are lot of stories here in my area too, but I'm a little reluctant to street shooting and fear that people might not like it, me taking photos like that in a bazaar.

Anyways, That's one step in photojournalism, keep it going.
haha.. you guys call these chuskis? :lol: We call them golas.. :)
To tell you the truth I'm equally shy, and until very recently wouldn't dare to point that camera at anyone I didn't know. I think practice helps you get over that fear, you've to take that initial step and look friendly when someone starts staring at you.. :p
Thanks Sarmad :)

Raj, this was a great read - very interesting story presented in words and pictures. And very good pictures too. Well, except for the first one. The washed out background distracted me. But the rest are quite good, especially the B&W ones. And Bade didn't do so bad on that picture of you and his brother. Very entertaining. Thank you.

Jim

:) Thanks Jim, well that first one I messed up the exposure and it was impossible to get the right WB even in post. I though why not try a new edit.. At least the others turned out well :lol:

Yes, Bade Miya really surprised me on how fast he understood the concept of manual focus. Although he missed focus slightly, we can hardly call that a failure.. Amazing kid! :1251:

Last edited:
Sorry folks for my delayed responses, I took part in the "National Geographic Great Nature project", and was out for almost the entire day with a photography team here.
What you need to understand, Raj, is some of us girls like a little scruff on a man :sexywink:
Now I know why girls love Hagrid so much!:biglaugh:

Yep, a little scruff is nice sometimes for sure!
And thank you for sharing.. I always love seeing your posts.

Thanks Bonnie, it's a huge complement. :)
Hey! One, two or even 10 bad pictures couldn't do that!

.. and.... you look good in that picture and you know it ;)

Huh! Is that so? :lol: Well, at least I still have a chance.:watermelon:.
Happy-dance-reaction-gif.gif

This story is worth every bit of effort to get you that camera for me and for all of us.

The camera makes permanent all your thoughts of what you see and allows you to see more.
Keep it up for yourself and for all of us.
Maybe someday, I'll hear about a famous photojournalist that I knew as Raj_55555

Thank you so much, that one camera changed my life and it really does mean a lot coming from you.. If not for you, I wouldn't even consider taking out my camera in the streets. I'll try my best for sure, and maybe someday, a wannabe photojournalist will suddenly drop by for a coffee! :smile-new:
Thanks a lot Lew. :)

Last edited:
You should start a photo blog about your community there!
wonderful photos and story!

Thanks Gallagher.. I really like to write, so I'd probably have enjoyed maintaining a blog. The truth however is that I don't even have enough time to edit all my pics, maintaining a blog would be pretty difficult for now. But I'll keep the idea in my mind and maybe even act on it once I have some spare time :)

I just now saw this thread. Such a great story and good photos with it, Raj! You (and anyone else who's ever read one of MY long-winded threads!) KNOW I love a good story, and that was definitely a good story. Doesn't hurt that those two little boys are adorable. That "scruffy" looking guy in the last picture is pretty nice, too! :1247:

I just love seeing what you're doing with that camera. Keep up the great work!

I just now saw this thread. Such a great story and good photos with it, Raj! You (and anyone else who's ever read one of MY long-winded threads!) KNOW I love a good story, and that was definitely a good story. Doesn't hurt that those two little boys are adorable. That "scruffy" looking guy in the last picture is pretty nice, too! :1247:

I just love seeing what you're doing with that camera. Keep up the great work!

Thanks Sharon, I am glad you like the story.. without it the pictures are just cute pictures, aren't they? :)
I'll try my best, and check your inbox ;)

Most reactions

Back