abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Drove up at night in total darkness- Slept. Woke up. Shot this;
400c2570w.jpg

Black Mountains, Arizona - Colorado River at Lake Mojave

I love the top third of it-- great purples, and the texture is neat.

Sweet shot abraxas!!! I would love to be there. I have been thinking about going camping, and I might check that place out.

I love the top third of it-- great purples, and the texture is neat.

I was hoping I was up to the processing. Looks like I'll try again later. Thanks. mumble-grumble-mphffdshfe... :)

Sweet shot abraxas!!! I would love to be there. I have been thinking about going camping, and I might check that place out.

Hm,... here it is;
I was camped on the top of the ridge furthest back on the extreme right of this shot.
788-r9643.jpg

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119644

The spot ain't on no map though- but anywhere is fine.

You must have led a sheltered life if that's the strangest place you've woke up in.:D
The greens seem to jump out in it to me.Nice shot

I all ur photos you really capture the world. scenic spots.

Good shot, sir. I love how hard you push the saturation, yet make it seem natural. That's very difficult to do, IMO, as I increase the saturation on my shots 1% and they start looking fake...lol.

The strangest place I woke up in was on a cliff/bluff only a few yards from the edge. I went camping and got drunk, and woke up 100 yards away from the campsite in my sleeping bag, about 10 feet away from the edge of a 20-foot cliff... Yikes! I guess after everyone else passed out I thought it would be a cool idea to camp close to the edge. Luckily there was water underneath so even if I had fell in I wouldn't have broken any bones or anything.

But thank you for sharing your photo, sir. I get the feeling, too, that this would be much better (though hard to believe) in print.

I all ur photos you really capture the world. scenic spots.

Thanks- I enjoy what bits I can get out into it.

Great shot, but I'd strongly advise using headlights on mountain roads, lest you become a photo op for others. ;)

:) I probably should have drove up without lights. I would have stopped in the juniper woodlands and been able to set up my cot. Slept in the front seat of the Jeep.

great! love the colors!

Thank you.

Good shot, sir. I love how hard you push the saturation, yet make it seem natural. That's very difficult to do, IMO, as I increase the saturation on my shots 1% and they start looking fake...lol.

The strangest place I woke up in was on a cliff/bluff only a few yards from the edge. I went camping and got drunk, and woke up 100 yards away from the campsite in my sleeping bag, about 10 feet away from the edge of a 20-foot cliff... Yikes! I guess after everyone else passed out I thought it would be a cool idea to camp close to the edge. Luckily there was water underneath so even if I had fell in I wouldn't have broken any bones or anything.

But thank you for sharing your photo, sir. I get the feeling, too, that this would be much better (though hard to believe) in print.

Funny how a lot of sleeping-by-the-cliff stories start out with, "I got drunk one night." At least mine does- San Onofre, cheap red wine, ...

Anyway, I couldn't have drove any further on the night in question in the photo. The road just kind of ended.

I think I may have found an archeological site in the morning though. Maybe a signal site as this was the highest point on the ridge and could be seen for maybe 50-60 miles in every direction. Maybe not. Going camping next week. Maybe I'll find something then. Maybe not.

Most reactions

Back