The Stress of the Mat Room (1st year final project)

Corey Jenkins

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
For photography school the final project for my design lab was to create 5 images. We had the option to do what ever we wanted. At first I just shot a bunch of nature stuff on large format which looked pretty good but I realized it really wasnt me and I might as well do something that reflects what I actually do with photography instead of just doing what everyone else was doing. Two days before the project was due I got a few friends to come over. At this time of the semester every one was extremely stressed out and most of it shows in the mat room. This is where we have to mount our projects to mat board and things tend to go wrong at this stage.

I decided it would be funny to create a series of portraits showing worn out/stressed out students that were in the program. These were all shot on medium format film. I scanned them just so I could post them online and have a digital copy. I used 11x14 paper for the traditional prints.

$i-kHfwX3j-XL.jpg

$i-mHk4rVs-XL.jpg

$i-58HrXfx-XL.jpg

$i-M7q3KwC-XL.jpg

$i-5Ltt3rg-XL.jpg

Some of the images got a bit over cooked in film processing causing a few blown out areas. Film is not my speciality especially the process behind it lol

Anyway hope you enjoy and let me know what you would improve!

Thanks!
Home
Blog
Facebook

Most reactions

New Topics

Back