The sun sets on a legendary Texan

spiralout

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I had no idea who was depicted in this statue until I posted it on the Texas Photo Forum. Apparently it's a statue of Homer "The Sissy" Johnson, who was laughed out of Houston in the mid 19th century (not before being tarred and feathered, though!) for insisting on wearing a cape! Had I known that, I probably wouldn't have portrayed him in this light! :)

DSC_6955small.jpg

I'm sure someone who isn't from Houston will eventually wander in here and talk about what a great picture this is......

.... anytime now.

so the guy rides light in the saddle.......im sure he wasn't the only gu..........jeeze, im sorry, you wanted kudos for the pic..right?

focusing your attention on the sky was the ticket as you caught some awesome rays and created a very strong silhouette. well done!

Brilliant IMO :) Love the sunset, the silhouette is perfect, and who the crap cares who it is b/c he's wearing a cape :lol: If you really want to have your thread hijacked we could start talking about Batman Begins :lol: Really though Scott, you have a great eye for everything :) Usually I think that most statue pictures suck b/c they're so boring but this one rocks :)

JonMikal said:
so the guy rides light in the saddle.......im sure he wasn't the only gu..........jeeze, im sorry, you wanted kudos for the pic..right?

focusing your attention on the sky was the ticket as you caught some awesome rays and created a very strong silhouette. well done!

[ Texas Drawl ] Excuse me son..... are you saying Sam Houston rides light in the saddle? :playball: [ /Texas Drawl ]

eromallagadnama said:
Usually I think that most statue pictures suck b/c they're so boring but this one rocks :)

hijack - up against the wall.......

so you think my statue pictures suck?!? well i never! %#&@#* :pissed:

Most reactions

Back