The super-macro guessing game

LaFoto said:
Malteaser, European light switches haven't got any words written on them, neither German nor British ones, I'd assume. Which is maybe why you couldn't guess it right.

But now, Corry, come one: put up another macro pic (I'm glad I was all wrong about my "bar of soap" - I can't do any macros that come that close to things that they make you wonder what it is, either).

I can't...I don't have a macro lense and Hobbes hasn't put up his tutorial on how to do a reverse macro lense (unless I missed it?)

Hey if you have an SLR camera, just grab any lens (i used a 35-70mm), focus it to infinity, zoom all the way in, pick the lowest aperature, and then dismount it and hold it backwards upto the camera housing.

Luckly my lens has a 62mm diameter which is the exact size of the Nikon's lens mount. So i just hold it all the way up and there's no need to worry about scratching the lens.

Oh yeah to focus go the manual way and get closer or further away from your subject.

Only a few minutes left to wait Corry, Aubrey made a video tutorial that is in the final stages of production :)

hobbes28 said:
Finally. You can see my little tutorial on how to do this here.

that had to have ranked as one of the coolest things ive ever seen recorded...

i bow down....

md

Me too.......

Ok...I just tried what Garbz said...and I can focus it like that!!!!!!! THAT'S AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! But that's just with me holding it there...it's not attached, so I hope I can still the pics to come out. :)

I wonder why a light switch would have the words 'on' and 'off' on it, I mean isn't that obvious? :lol:

Come one...we're americans...some of us need even the very obvious pointed out to us! :) But I guess we have our share of thsoe types in every country, right? :) :lol:

core_17 said:
Come one...we're americans...some of us need even the very obvious pointed out to us! :) But I guess we have our share of thsoe types in every country, right? :) :lol:

No, just America.

Kidding!!!

LOL

Exam time for me so I can't get my film developed till next week. Pity so in the meantime I'll start round 2 with a digicam pic.

Guess this one:
Link gone :(

Personally I think the pictures come out much nicer when an SLR is used and the lens is just placed on it backwards. This picture was taken with an Olympus C-730 at full zoom, and a Nikkor 50mm/1.8 lens backwards on the front.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back