The Toaster!!! And a few random shots (7 shots)

kwik

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Any and all feedback is great!

cube007.jpg

cube011.jpg

cube044.jpg

cube047.jpg

cube051.jpg

cube052.jpg

cube070.jpg

Some of my shots seem to have a little static or 'fuzz' to them. How do I clean that up?

Thanks

Derek

They are all very dark and kinda bluish

The last one is too centered to be interesting, actually, many of the car ones are too centered

The third to last one has the mirror clipped

they are all really underexposed.. also you'll get more feedback if you only post 2 or 3 photos.. and number them

for the fuzz, turn down your iso, to as low as possible

I know they are underdeveloped I was honestly trying to make them a darker mood. Which I completely failed at :lol:. But the fuzz thing. Lower ISO and that should help it? Thanks. I appreciate it. I'm really pissed that I cropped the mirror in that one picture. I think it would have looked better otherwise. As far as trying to get a darker setting or darker 'feel' to the pictures. Any suggestions?

kwik - where in Saskatchewan?
Saskatoon

They are all very dark and kinda bluish

The last one is too centered to be interesting, actually, many of the car ones are too centered

The third to last one has the mirror clipped
Which is weird that you say that. I had someone say to me 'start centering your pictures more, they will turn out better.' So that's what I did for these pictures. Odd.

Some pictures can look good centered, but one of the most popular and common photographic rules is called the rule of third. You can google for more in depth information, but essentially, if you split the image in 3 sections vertically and then horizontally, the intersections of the lines are the highest points of impact / interest in the image.

Look at your last image and the one before, don't you find the one that is a bit off to the side more appealing visually?

Looking for repeating paterns, leading lines, S curves, angles/diagonals are also other things that make an image interesting.

Who is the someone who told you to center things?

As for going for a darker mood, try playing with black and white conversions, contrast, levels. Or desaturate an image, making things monotone and so on.

Bah, not desaturation of an image. Gah! There be better ways to turn thine image into a monochromatic masterpiece. ;)

The ones of your car just look like a car in front of different things... I hate that. Figure out a way to make it interesting and/or fun! That's the real challenge!

the very first one is kind of cool. it looked like your car was hooked to an old timey trailer or something... then I realized it was just backed up to an old truck. and there are mad insects stuck to your bumper. have some pride, man! wash that piece!

Looking for repeating paterns, leading lines, S curves, angles/diagonals are also other things that make an image interesting.

Bigtwinky
This is helpful info. There are times when I ask "what makes a good ...". I think what I mean to be asking is, what do other people look for in an image that makes it good to them.

Bah, not desaturation of an image. Gah! There be better ways to turn thine image into a monochromatic masterpiece. ;)

I agree, but just giving out examples for things to try out. There is rarely 1 perfect set of post processing steps for every image to make them all masterpieces.

:greenpbl:

Like other have said the photos are really underexposed
I like the composition of 1,5,6. You could have still used your flash to bring out the detail of car. or potientially changing the shutter speed. You had great light for a car photo shoot. Were you using a tripod?

its an ugly car ... i expect better from Nissan as my 08 Altima has a great look :)

09 Maxima I next on my list :blushing:

The ones of your car just look like a car in front of different things... I hate that. Figure out a way to make it interesting and/or fun! That's the real challenge!

the very first one is kind of cool. it looked like your car was hooked to an old timey trailer or something... then I realized it was just backed up to an old truck. and there are mad insects stuck to your bumper. have some pride, man! wash that piece!

Well considering I drove for an hour and a half to this spot all highway I couldn't avoid the bugs. Second I did find a car wash later on in the town I was in and washed the car (see below). But at that point it was getting too dark, I had forgot my tri pod and the mosquito's were terrible. Third Have some pride? Before you throw a statement like that in my face you should get to know me. I keep my vehicles immaculate. Other then that night you never catch bugs or dust on my vehicles. I used to detail cars for a living and know how to clean things right. I washed it when I could and also when I got home at a late night car wash.

cube063.jpg

cube065.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back